• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 00 Del

Jan 1, 2012
    The Dena, MD
    Q1:Does anyone have any experience or opinions IRT carbines that are setup to use Glock magazines?

The Keltec and the Just Right Carbine are two that come to mind.

Q2: Does anyone make a kit to allow a standard AR lower to accept Glock magazines with a proper caliber upper?

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Big fan of the Sub2k, if you hit the market at the right time you can usually get one at an OK price. But the glock mag guns are the most overpriced of the lot. The Beretta, Sig, S&W mag guns can all be switched with a quick free part from Keltec but the Glocks will always be glock.

I am ordering a Lone Wolf AR lower, and maybe an upper. The lower assembled with butstock runs $384 plus shipping and transfer. A CMMG lower is $170 alone.

Wishy washy on their upper just because I would have preferred something lighter and simpler. But I already have a nice stack of glock 17rd and 31rd mags and dont want to start buying sten mags.

Elgan

NRA Endowment Member
    Sep 4, 2012
    Harford County
    Big fan of the Sub2K here as well. I had to resort to Gunbroker for mine, and paid more than what it was worth, but not such a premium that I regret the purchase. Great little BOB gun, and always gets a curious reaction from people who have never seen one before.

Be warned though - if you're looking for something compatible with G19 mags, the G19 pistol grip on the Sub2K is nothing like the pistol - you'll likely only be able to get your index and middle finger around it due to the positioning of the chamber in the S2K.

Also, the G17 model's (since G19's can be hard to source, at least they were for me at the time) pistol grip can be cut down to accommodate G19 mags (this is how they do it at Kel-Tec). There are some tutorials and such out there online. Just take it slow and easy while you do it and there won't be any problems.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I believe the TNW ASR also takes Glock mags.

I am not a huge fan of the Sub-2k - ergos suck and the optics mounting options are not too good. Decent carbine for the trunk (especially if you carry a G17) or a bug-out bag, though. The thing with the Sub-2k is to resist the impulse to upgrade it... slap a tube cover and a Hogue grip on it, and then STOP.

Q2: Does anyone make a kit to allow a standard AR lower to accept Glock magazines with a proper caliber upper?
    I don't believe this is physically possible. As others have noted, you can still buy a dedicated Glock lower post-MDFSA2013.

ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County
    I believe the TNW ASR also takes Glock mags.

I am not a huge fan of the Sub-2k - ergos suck and the optics mounting options are not too good. Decent carbine for the trunk (especially if you carry a G17) or a bug-out bag, though. The thing with the Sub-2k is to resist the impulse to upgrade it... slap a tube cover and a Hogue grip on it, and then STOP.

I don't believe this is physically possible. As others have noted, you can still buy a dedicated Glock lower post-MDFSA2013.

Agreed, sold my 2K for the same reasons. There is a reason they are cheap.

00 Del

Jan 1, 2012
    The Dena, MD
    Thanks for the replies fellas, I wasn't aware of the Lone Wolf option. I'm still curious about the Just Right Carbine. I know there is at least one around here because some lady won Don Dwyer's raffle. I wonder how they shoot. Anybody know?

hacktracker

Apr 10, 2012
    Lower-Slower
    I have a 9mm Glock Just Right carbine. It works great. It's built like a tank and is quite substantial (heavy). The mag release is on the opposite side as an AR.

LOTS of pic rail to attach all the mall ninja things you can find.

You do have to disassemble it via the castle nut on the buffer tube to clean the whole rifle. There is plenty of room to run a bore snake down the barrel via the ejection port.

It shoots great. I can hit those shoot-n-see type silhouette targets at 200 yards with a red dot sight pretty easily. Not too much hold over. Very little recoil.

I know of no way to modify a standard AR lower to accept glock mags. I'm guessing it's because of the follower/feed lips.

hutchinsonkw

Dec 18, 2012
    Central Md
    I also have a jrc 9mm and I love shooting it. I bought it to upgrade from my hi point 995ts. Eventually i will go with a dedicated 9mm lower but I snagged mine for a decent price at auction.

dwnthehatch

10-32
    Nov 6, 2007
    Kent Island
    I have both the Jr Carbine and the a Keltec Sub2000. I have never had a problem with either one. I shoot the Jr Carbine suppressed most of the time. The Jr Carbine is modular and can be switched to .40 and .45. It also has an ambi ejection port.

pittsaero

Mar 29, 2013
    My JR 9mm has been bulletproof & everybody that has shot it loves it. Great plinking gun to have some fun with

Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    Thanks for the replies fellas, I wasn't aware of the Lone Wolf option. I'm still curious about the Just Right Carbine. I know there is at least one around here because some lady won Don Dwyer's raffle. I wonder how they shoot. Anybody know?

There's a used Just Right Carbine in stock at 2A Sales.

aquashooter

Apr 17, 2013
    Monkey Co
    I have an older Ruger PC 9, rifle stock carbine. Uses Ruger P 89 mags. I love it, unfortunately, it's no longer produced. You would have to find a used one.

1time

Ultimate Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Baltimore, Md
    I have an older Lone Wolf lower and I like it a lot. The mags don't drop free but I'm okay with that. The new Lone Wolf lower seem to be built better. I know 2 people with them and the mags drop free and the mag release is bigger. I am guessing they are the same as the JP 9mm lowers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom