• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Moorvogi

Firearm Advocate
    Dec 28, 2014
    Tried a few published options, all went boom. Zero cycled the bolt. Perhaps when I replace the barrel I'll go pistol Len gas system.

For now it's rocking some 150gr fmjbt!

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    You can open the gas port.

A can would also help increase gas delivery.

Marauder

Revolver Addict
    Dec 14, 2010
    What size is your gas port in the barrel? .125 is the max size you want to open it up.
    What powder are you using? 1680 & 5744 used in subs will cycle with a carbine gas system.
    What buffer and bolt carrier group are you using?

HT4

Dum spiro spero.
    Jan 24, 2012
    Bethesda
    Tried a few published options, all went boom. Zero cycled the bolt. Perhaps when I replace the barrel I'll go pistol Len gas system.

For now it's rocking some 150gr fmjbt!

I know that many barrel makers do not design the gas system to cycle subsonic loads unsuppressed. Opening up the gas port may be your only option for reliable operation... But beware the consequences for shooting supersonic loads suppressed.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    I just ordered an H&R Handi Rifle in 300 Blk Out for $222 and free shipping and no CC fees from Centerfire Guns and I won't have to deal with these problems. Comes with a threaded barrel also.

HT4

Dum spiro spero.
    Jan 24, 2012
    Bethesda
    I just ordered an H&R Handi Rifle in 300 Blk Out for $222 and free shipping and no CC fees from Centerfire Guns and I won't have to deal with these problems. Comes with a threaded barrel also.

Heck of a price... Below what dealer cost was the last time I looked (a couple years ago)!

I've got one of these, but don't use it much. My 10.5" blk sbr is more fun and more accurate. The HR is a tad quieter, probably because of the minimal action noise, but the sound difference is not really noticeable that much.

you will definitely need an adjustable GB for that function.

Agreed, but what a PITA in practice. I don't really see much point in shooting subsonic unsuppressed, so I will never have to deal with this. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom