• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Heist

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 10, 2012
    MD/DC/NYC
    Looks as if the Saudis are pushing into the handgun market.
    The C's sighting system reminds me of the "Gutter Snipe" sights from the ASP.
    Although I am unsure of the validity of this claim, "
    Shot Show 2012: Caracal USA has demonstrated the superiority of its products at the Media Day at the Range."

http://www.caracal.ae/
    This is the parent company: http://www.tawazun.ae/en/home.aspx

http://www.caracal.ae/new/shotshow1.php

tabbig1.jpg

tabbiga1.jpg

Full Tactical Kit
    A full tactical kit is available for the Caracal F which includes a polymer shoulder-stock and forward tactical grip with built in rail. The kit Offers a more stable platform for longer range shots and, when worn on a sling, presents a high visibility carbine style weapon. Shown with optional tactical light.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I read up on this pistol awhile back. Lots of tall claims being made.
    The reviews I've seen from people who have used the C are pretty excellent. Not saying it's the greatest gun ever, but I can totally see why the C would make an excellent carry gun.

Micktaco

May 2, 2009
    Walkersville

Military Arms Channel likes them.

These are going for $399 right now on centerfire systems (cheapest I've seen it)
    http://centerfiresystems.com/CARACAL-FS.aspx

Like any new gun that isn't from a major manufacturer I'm worried about not being able to pimp it out with sweet accessories. On the bright side there are one or two kydex holster makers producing Caracal Fullsize and Compact holsters for this gun.

Heist

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 10, 2012
    MD/DC/NYC
    $400 isn't bad. But it does put them in the crosshairs of the prime price target for the recognized names in their entry level lines.

gasman

Oct 8, 2007
    Baltimore City
    I got a chance to handle and shoot this gun at a class about 2 or 3 years ago. From what I remember, it was ok. Trigger felt a little mushy. Sights were not bad for combat sights, but not my personal preference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Just looks odd to me, don't know why.

Wouldn't mind shooting one though, for plastic-fantastic I'll stick with my HK and M&P.

Heist

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 10, 2012
    MD/DC/NYC
    Just looks odd to me, don't know why.

Wouldn't mind shooting one though, for plastic-fantastic I'll stick with my HK and M&P.

The new lower bore axis, polymer pistols look odd to me. I understand the underlying and fundamental physics of the configuration - but aesthetically they just sort of throw me off.

The again, I'm sure first semi-auto threw off the generations of men & women raised on wheel guns.

Like the new Russian pistol, the Strike One.
    strizh_pistol_russia-tfb.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=3Bw_0VKoBVE

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    True enough, although the HK and the M&P seem to look just fine to me - then again, I own them, so that may play some role there.

I remember seeing the video for the Strike One a while back, what got me with that one is how the front sight is nearly drifted clean out to the left, and how it seems to take parts of designs from god knows how many diff't pistols.

Heist

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 10, 2012
    MD/DC/NYC
    Follow-up-on the Russian Strike-One

Russia's new service pistol, the Strike One (Strizh)
    strizh_pistol_-tm-tfb.png

strike_one_pistol_tfb-tfb.jpeg

And in long range configuration.... lulz.
    img_20120310161723_tfb-tfb.jpeg

WSM

Rugeritis
    Oct 8, 2009
    Lancaster, PA
    I've read several different accounts of Carcal owners catching brass to the face. It may have been an early design flaw that is now fixed but most complaints about the gun that I read was that it throws brass nearly straight back at the shooter.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    I've read several different accounts of Carcal owners catching brass to the face. It may have been an early design flaw that is now fixed but most complaints about the gun that I read was that it throws brass nearly straight back at the shooter.

First I've heard of that. Although when my USP .45 was new, it'd occasionally throw a piece of brass back at your face - another reason to wear eye protection.

Strangely, it only does it with factory ammo, ejects perfectly and consistently with my reloads.

IlikeNFA

Certified Gear Queer
    Aug 27, 2008
    Goodbye MD, Hello freedom
    I have an F with the quick sights that I got for under $400...and its a lot of gun for the price. Short trigger pull, virtually no recoil, and the quick sights are seriously fun. I've had good accuracy results, but its not going to beat out a target pistol. No malfunctions to date and I have not had any problems with brass to the face. Metal mags are of good quality and easily drop free. I expect these to continue to gain in popularity as they become more readily available.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom