• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lotofpez

Feb 10, 2011
    Cumberland
    I am looking for someone with a field that I can shoot up a car in.

I have an old VW that I am going to scrap. I want to shoot it up first.
    If anybody has a field were we can safley shoot this car I would welcome anybody to come along. Please only people close to cumberland or close to a scrap yard. I need to scrap it to get some money back out of it.

Thanks
    Charlie

rj1974

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    Edgemere , md.
    I am looking for someone with a field that I can shoot up a car in.

I have an old VW that I am going to scrap. I want to shoot it up first.
    If anybody has a field were we can safley shoot this car I would welcome anybody to come along. Please only people close to cumberland or close to a scrap yard. I need to scrap it to get some money back out of it.

Thanks
    Charlie

Are you going to get more out of it money wise then the ammo you put into it , or is the lead gonna up the scrap value ?:rolleyes:

lotofpez

Feb 10, 2011
    Cumberland
    The ammo I put into it is just fun. I bought the car to use at the range to shoot out of and under and over and etc etc. Now that I am moving I need to get rid of the car and I thought shooting it would be awesome.

rj1974

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    Edgemere , md.
    The ammo I put into it is just fun. I bought the car to use at the range to shoot out of and under and over and etc etc. Now that I am moving I need to get rid of the car and I thought shooting it would be awesome.

It is fun we have a couple we shot up on my buddies farm on Little Orleans rd .

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    Check with the guys at glade valley guns in Frederick. They may be able to help.

lotofpez

Feb 10, 2011
    Cumberland
    I am moving to midlothian or the greater frostburg area to the out of towners.

If I could find a place around little Orleans or somewere in Garrett county or in between that's about as far as I could go.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Before you go and shoot the thing up, have you ever wondered how your SD ammo works through a windshield or car window? Now would be a great time to try it out! Double up on ear pro, though.

Jim

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    After you do this, and have it towed to the scrapyard, you should go along and videotape people's reactions on the highway. I bet the look of shock on some people's faces will be priceless.

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    half cocked,

we clean up the machine gun range every four to six months and you should see the looks we get on the highway with trailers loaded with scrap metal and junk. Nothing compared to what the people at the scrap yard say, though. One, when told it was only four months worth, just shook his head and walked away mumbling something about staying the hell out of our way.

jimbobborg is right, you should use it to test things before you trash it. I would def double up on ear protection if you've not shot in confined spaces before. Also, consider long sleeves, pants, etc. as if you aren't used to things blowing back on you, it will be a surprise. First time I powder and glass blasted myself in a car, I was somewhat surprised.... (none of my buddies warned me so they could laugh at any reaction they got)

lotofpez

Feb 10, 2011
    Cumberland
    I was thinking more along the lines of putting some bilistics jell on the seat and seeing what the penatration is with some smaller calibers.

lotofpez

Feb 10, 2011
    Cumberland
    Matt- I saw where you said you live in Carlos. The house we are going to move into is just up the road past the post office.

Future- it is a 1993 vw fox wolfsburg edition.

futureseabee

CTT not seabee anymore
    Aug 18, 2008
    Va Beach
    Matt- I saw where you said you live in Carlos. The house we are going to move into is just up the road past the post office.

Future- it is a 1993 vw fox wolfsburg edition.

man that was a sick car when it came out. you should have restored it

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom