• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DivingDriver

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 14, 2016
    Nanjemoy MD
    Yeah A Media Qualification License (MQL) which requires them to report the factual truth. Not made up left wing bias bull!

Let's see, have to take a class on reporting breaking news, post one story accurately, send your printer in to be"printer checked". Wait thirty days to get your MQL . Get your picture taken (passport size). Each story has to have a 7 day cooling off period and only one article every thirty days. Did I miss anything?

Dave MP

Retired USA
    Jun 13, 2010
    Farmland, PA
    Maybe Maryland should require a Media qualification license for these hacks to write "news" articles or appear on the "news" in a speaking role. Exemptions for traffic and weather maybe.

NO

Yeah A Media Qualification License (MQL) which requires them to report the factual and technical truth. without the incessant hysterical, breathless over-hyping. Not made up left wing bias bull!

Fixed

shooter56

Aug 28, 2015
    Excellent response, and much more temperate than I would have been. I look forward to not reading that in the Crab Wrapper soon. :banghead:

I've noticed that when people respond to other letters, their response is usually published within a day or so, certainly within a week. I have responded to gun control articles in the past and it has taken weeks for my responses to show up. One time, I had to send them an email complaining that they wouldn't publish my letter which they then finally did. The last response I sent in, they actually edited it, changing my wording. Their bias is extreme.

Feb 28, 2013
    Gun grabbers are just like the killers they claim we need more laws to stop. They both prefer unarmed victims. They can take their worthless gun control and shove it up their asses.

Oh, it ain’t worthless. Not to the enemy anyway.

“But Mr. Blade, why do you have to call them that?”

Simple. A liberal ain’t nuthin but a totalitarian dictator wearin the disguise of a pragmatist, and a disarmed populace is easily enslaved.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    What's the difference between a firearm and a Liberal.

A firearm only has 1 trigger.

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    ”... extremism in defense of liberty is no vice ... moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue.” - Barry Goldwater

I watch his speech every now and then. This is what a Republican used to look like. Oh how far that party has slid since 1964.

17:00 -> 24:00 are particularly applicable to our current state of affairs in this state and nation. The quote is from ~43:00 -> ~46:00.

Please pay close attention to how many times he speaks of freedom and liberty. This is great teaching material on so many constitutional topics, all rolled up into 48 minutes. I just finished watching it again. Thanks to the Capital Gazette for reminding me to watch it again!

Seagrave1963

Still learnin'
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 6, 2011
    Eastern Shore
    Comments turned off across all of their articles. Nice to see that they are also anti-1A.

They, as well as their parent company the Sun, disabled comments several months ago. Although it is not a 1A violation, it certainly appears to be a typical propaganda move. Their version of "truth" can not be confronted or dispelled, therefor it must be accurate and true.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    My response on their FB page:

Dear Capital Gazette - The phrase "if it saves just one life" goes both ways. For the disenfranchised, those of limited means or on fixed income, a shotgun is the only means to personal protection in the home. Requiring 4 hours of training, fingerprints a $50 fee and then wait 30 days to get a license to purchase a firearm. To only then have to wait an additional 7 days to get that firearm for personal protection, goes against everything that decent people want for themselves.

Yes, it is tragic that you lost 5 members of your staff, but to use their deaths, at the hands of a person that you had a chance to stop. Yes, I called you out on that. Had you (The Capital Gazette) pursued the charges against that individual, he would have quite possibly become a prohibited person and not been able to lawfully purchase the shotgun used. Let's be clear, the Sr. Staff of the Capital Gazette bear some responsibility in the death of their staff members. But yet, you want to burden law abiding citizens, for your lack of action.

OLM-Medic

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 5, 2010
    Extremists? The fact that we haven't started shooting in self defense of our civil rights yet should prove that we are not extremists.

Racer Doug14

Thread killer
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Feb 22, 2013
    Millers Maryland

Dear Capital Gazette - The phrase "if it saves just one life" goes both ways. For the disenfranchised, those of limited means or on fixed income, a shotgun is the only means to personal protection in the home. Requiring 4 hours of training, fingerprints a $50 fee and then wait 30 days to get a license to purchase a firearm. To only then have to wait an additional 7 days to get that firearm for personal protection, goes against everything that decent people want for themselves.

Yes, it is tragic that you lost 5 members of your staff, but to use their deaths, at the hands of a person that you had a chance to stop. Yes, I called you out on that. Had you (The Capital Gazette) pursued the charges against that individual, he would have quite possibly become a prohibited person and not been able to lawfully purchase the shotgun used. Let's be clear, the Sr. Staff of the Capital Gazette bear some responsibility in the death of their staff members. But yet, you want to burden law abiding citizens, for your lack of action.

Thank you sir. I couldn't have said it better.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008

Amen, the blood of their reporters is clearly on their hands. I guess they want to project their guilt and liability onto those who aren't responsible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom