• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kazan182

Aug 3, 2011
    The title says its all. I was browsing J&G's site the other night and found this S&W Highway Patrolman (Mod 28) .357.

It's a Mod 28 but not marked. This particular revolver was made in 1954/55 (the first year they were made per the S&W forums) and does not have the model number on the yoke. 6 shot, 5 screw, recessed cylinder and a pinned barrel. Target rear sights and what appears to be the original checkered wood S&W logo grips. Serial number is S122XXX and matches in all places (ejection rod shroud & the crane under the cylinder). Bluing is not the best and has holster wear for sure. Good overall but very good with the bore and cylinder. I may have overpaid but have been wanted one of these for years. I regret having sold my original duty S&W years ago so I have been looking for something close.

I bet if this thing could talk the stores would be rather entertaining...

I will hit AGC next weekend and see how she does...

Attachments

• SWHP Left_resize.jpg
      SWHP Left_resize.jpg
      82.4 KB · Views: 311
    • SWHP right_resize.jpg
      SWHP right_resize.jpg
      81.2 KB · Views: 307
    • SWHP hammer rear sight_resize.jpg
      SWHP hammer rear sight_resize.jpg
      57.5 KB · Views: 305
    • SWHP HP logo_resize.jpg
      SWHP HP logo_resize.jpg
      61.2 KB · Views: 303
    • SWHP trigger guard_resize.jpg
      SWHP trigger guard_resize.jpg
      61.1 KB · Views: 307

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Wow, that's awesome. There's a whole other world of C&R firearms I need to explore- non-milsurps. Where's the best place to find these? Gunbroker? Or do milsurp vendors like J&G/classic/SOG etc. have them from time to time as well?

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011

I never see anything new on those sites all the same crap I don't want mosin, tok, 82s. (To each his own)

Wish they had more variety. I've stopped looking at these places and look at C&R sections on GB and other forums

Not to derail though......she's a beauty!!! I love me some revolvers and she is sexy!

vwluv10338

Jan 13, 2009
    I played this game with Gun Broker looking for a Colt Pythons. They are C&R if you go by the serial number but good luck getting someone to mail one to you. There is a whole world of 50+ year old guns.

kazan182

Aug 3, 2011
    NICE find, Kazan! I personally like that model almost as much as the pythons.

Thanks. This is a nice revolver but I do also love my Colts. I have several Lawman series revolvers...my favorite being a Lawman MK V 2" .357.

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    I had a Model 27....traded it for a Colt Combat Commander....an even trade, but there is something wonderful about an N frame Smith and Wesson.

kazan182

Aug 3, 2011
    I never see anything new on those sites all the same crap I don't want mosin, tok, 82s. (To each his own)

Wish they had more variety. I've stopped looking at these places and look at C&R sections on GB and other forums

Not to derail though......she's a beauty!!! I love me some revolvers and she is sexy!

I got this HP revolver from J&G sales...the first one listed in the previous post. You just need to check every now and again. I just happen to look at the right time (and missed many too...like those $125 Toks at Wideners) and immediately ordered it knowing it would not be up for long.

sunset1

Mar 23, 2012

How commonly do Classic, Wideners, or AIM offer non-mil surplus handguns?

I can't recall a S&W posted on those sites in the last 1-2 years.

nobis1

Aug 5, 2012
    Very nice. I have been looking for a good C and R revolver, preferably in .357. Would be interested in hearing the range report.

On a lark, I looked at some of these on Gunbroker. All of the FFL's selling them stated they would not transfer to a C and R FFL holder. Seems they would be hard to find absent a gun show or good luck (like you had) in finding one.

kazan182

Aug 3, 2011

I must admit this was the first time I saw a non milsurp handgun on J&G's site. I don't know if they have a storefront or not. Sort of surprises me no one there bought it as it's in good shape, first year issue, and they would have gotten it for a lot less than what I paid for it.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine

Agreed. I never recall seeing non-Milsurp C&Rs on those sites, although I see J&G has a $2,000 Winchester .22 C&R rifle. Maybe we need a "non-milsurp in stock NOW" thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom