• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Told myself that I would refrain from trying to figure how to log in until after tax season, but I met with two exceptional guys from this chatboard today and decided that it is worth trying to figure this out right now.

So, I deleted all my cookies and browsing history as one of them suggested. I tried a work around that DaemonAssassin suggested. I still could not post from Chrome. Now, every time I tried to log in, it said "Thanks fabsroman for logging in." However, it never appeared as though I was logged in and it would continue to ask me to log in whenever I wanted to post something.

A dim light bulb finally went off in my head, and I decided to give Internet Explorer a shot. Bingo, I am in. Thing is, I hate IE.

Anybody know what the issue is with Chrome that is preventing me from logging into MdShooters from Chrome?

Alright, just had another light bulb. I can log into the board with Chrome from laptops in the house, but just not from this computer.

Anybody have any idea why I cannot get past the login screen on this computer even the board is telling me "Thanks fabsroman for logging in" when I enter my log in information?

Thanks

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I've been trying on Chrome at work and kept getting an 'Invalid' page with no log in. Come to find out, it did log me in, sort of. I tried again today and realised I WAS logged in all this time. It just wouldn't show it on the site. When I closed it out, then reopened it, there I was, logged in! :shrug:

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Java / JavaScript update ?

lol - nothing can be simple, ever.

This is what I get when I go to the Java website and try to download the most recent version in my Chrome browser:

We have detected you are using Google Chrome and might be unable to use the Java plugin from this browser. Starting with Version 42 (released April 2015), Chrome has disabled the standard way in which browsers support plugins. More info

Not only that, but a settlement agreement I thought was resolved last week isn't. SHEEZ.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    I've been trying on Chrome at work and kept getting an 'Invalid' page with no log in. Come to find out, it did log me in, sort of. I tried again today and realised I WAS logged in all this time. It just wouldn't show it on the site. When I closed it out, then reopened it, there I was, logged in! :shrug:

Can't be that. I shut down and restarted the computer twice yesterday. So, Chrome started back up. I tried closing and restarting the MdShooters tab on Chrome today after I logged in with IE, and that did not work either. Just frustrating because it is working everywhere else except this computer.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Can't be that. I shut down and restarted the computer twice yesterday. So, Chrome started back up. I tried closing and restarting the MdShooters tab on Chrome today after I logged in with IE, and that did not work either. Just frustrating because it is working everywhere else except this computer.

Kind the same, but different I guess. It does only happen on that one computer AFAIK.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Java / JavaScript update ?

Alright, I went and updated Java, and the end result was this:

The Chrome browser does not support NPAPI plug-ins and therefore will not run all Java content. Switch to a different browser (Firefox, Internet Explorer or Safari on Mac) to run the Java plug-in. More info

Looks like I might be using IE or Firefox for this board.

Kashmir1008

MSI Executive Member
    Mar 21, 2009
    Carroll County
    I keeps getting logged out every couple of minutes using Firefox. Damn annoying. I read a little bit then go to post and I have to log in again. Didn't used to be a problem.

Dan_Br

Jan 19, 2013
    Carroll County
    I am using FireFox with no problems,
    but a couple of weeks ago I could not stay logged in on my tablet but OK on desktop.
    I deleted cookies and saved pages on tablet and then it was OK

Dan_Br

Jan 19, 2013
    Carroll County
    Told myself that I would refrain from trying to figure how to log in until after tax season, but I met with two exceptional guys from this chatboard today and decided that it is worth trying to figure this out right now.

So, I deleted all my cookies and browsing history as one of them suggested. I tried a work around that DaemonAssassin suggested. I still could not post from Chrome. Now, every time I tried to log in, it said "Thanks fabsroman for logging in." However, it never appeared as though I was logged in and it would continue to ask me to log in whenever I wanted to post something.

A dim light bulb finally went off in my head, and I decided to give Internet Explorer a shot. Bingo, I am in. Thing is, I hate IE.

Anybody know what the issue is with Chrome that is preventing me from logging into MdShooters from Chrome?

Alright, just had another light bulb. I can log into the board with Chrome from laptops in the house, but just not from this computer.

Anybody have any idea why I cannot get past the login screen on this computer even the board is telling me "Thanks fabsroman for logging in" when I enter my log in information?

Thanks

Do you have a "saved" link or bookmark that you are using each time you try opening up the forum?
    If so try deleting that and establish a new bookmark by navigating back to the site.
    Type this into your address bar
    http://www.mdshooters.com/ and then try logging in.

Hope that helps, it can be very annoying when stuff like this happens
    Dan

Silent Partner

Nov 18, 2015
    The Hereford Zone
    Laptop 1 OS ? Ver ? Chrome Ver ?
    Laptop 2 OS ? Ver ? Chrome Ver ?
    This computer (desktop ?) OS ? Ver ? Chrome Ver ?

I login just fine using Chrome Version 48.0.2564.116 on Ubuntu 12:04

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Laptop 1 OS ? Ver ? Chrome Ver ?
    Laptop 2 OS ? Ver ? Chrome Ver ?
    This computer (desktop ?) OS ? Ver ? Chrome Ver ?

I login just fine using Chrome Version 48.0.2564.116 on Ubuntu 12:04

This computer:

Chrome: Version 49.0.2623.110 m
    Windows 7 Home Premium Edition Service Pack 1

Closest laptop:

Chrome: Version 49.0.2623.87 m
    Windows 7 Professional Service Pack 1

The other laptop is on the other side of the house. Combination of too many steps, too much work, and too lazy to go and grab it.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Do you have a "saved" link or bookmark that you are using each time you try opening up the forum?
    If so try deleting that and establish a new bookmark by navigating back to the site.
    Type this into your address bar
    http://www.mdshooters.com/ and then try logging in.

Hope that helps, it can be very annoying when stuff like this happens
    Dan

I do have a saved link, but I don't usually use it to log in. I just type mds and mdshooters.com/forums...... pops up. I just tried it with www.mdshooters.com and it was a no go. IE works fine on here, just not Chrome. Guess I will just leave IE and Chrome both running on this computer. It will drive me crazy because I hate it when things do not work, but such is life for right now.

Silent Partner

Nov 18, 2015
    The Hereford Zone
    This computer:

Chrome: Version 49.0.2623.110 m
    Windows 7 Home Premium Edition Service Pack 1

Closest laptop:

Chrome: Version 49.0.2623.87 m
    Windows 7 Professional Service Pack 1

The other laptop is on the other side of the house. Combination of too many steps, too much work, and too lazy to go and grab it.

I built a virtual machine, installed Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 then downloaded & installed Chrome. The same version as you, it checked for updates, none were found
    I attempted to login using my credentials but got an error "Invalid Redirect url (http://mdshoters.com/) I shutdown Chrome & restarted, went back to mdshooters clicking on the icon on the screen. It showed I was logged in.

I logged out of mdshooters closed Chrome & restarted this time entering www.mdshooters.com after entering my credential it logged me in no errors.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    I just tried to log in with Chrome for the hell of it and got some invalid msg. I have always used Safari.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom