• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • metalman3006

Gun Hoarder
    Sep 6, 2007
    Church Hill, MD
    Got some wheels. Not realy cannon wheels but they where cheap. 42" tall. I think my dad is going to take them apart and make new larger hubs for them.

Attachments

• 8711[1].jpg
      8711[1].jpg
      61.4 KB · Views: 102

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    You will need heavier wheels than that for a cannon. Back when I was doing re-enactments, we went through a lot of lumber before we got it right. Even when we were only firing blanks it was hard on the carriage and wheels. Wound up making everything out of white oak rescued from an old barn. Wish I had some pics of that old gun. A buddy of mine who moved out of state has one taken at dusk that is awesome, wheels off the ground huge muzzle flash and it looks like a shotgun blast coming out of the touch hole! Best of luck in your cannon build!

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Whitmer Coach Shop in New Holland PA makes cannon wheels and they sell all types of parts for horse drawn vehicles. They have a catalog and do mail order but it is worth a trip to see what they do. It is an Amish business so no Sunday Sales, no web site, etc. They have made carriage wheels for me. And I have seen a cannon sitting outside their shop with its new wheels.

Face book entry
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Witmer-Coach-Shop/134596119924893

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    Those are some awesome looking quilts on their facebook site! My grandmother used to sew hers 100% by hand. Brings back some fond old memories!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom