• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AURORA4DTH

Feb 26, 2017
    I dont know anything about guns, I am looking to get any info i can on these. Thanx.
    qsm80z.jpg

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Top right appears to be an 1851 Navy replica. Either .36 or .44 caliber.

Bottom looks like a Baby Dragoon replica. Prolly .44 caliber.

Left is a BF Flintlock Muzzleloader. Prolly .69 or .75 caliber. The wood looks like birch. So prolly a replica too.

Look for modern stampings/identifiers.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Flintlock is a replica of a US Model 1805. It should be .58 caliber.

The Baby Dragoon would be .31 cal, not .44.

If that's a reduced sized frame, I'll give you the .31 caliber. Appears to be the same as the 1851. Optical illusion maybe.

And we're both wrong on the flintlock.

.54 caliber.

Maybe the OP can do some measurin'. And get back to us.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    All three handguns are muzzle loading black powder guns which are not considered "Firearms" by the federal government but some local governments may be more restrictive. The two revolvers are cap and ball type using a percussion cap for ignition. The largest gun is a flint lock type ignition system.

From the apparent condition they all appear to be modern reproductions of older collectable guns. There are many hobbyists who enjoy shooting reproductions of older arms and there are clubs and competitions especially for them.

To give more detailed information more information is required. Inspect each one carefully and note any writing such as words and numbers you find, clear close up pictures of any markings would help. Also a very careful measurement of the inside diameter of the barrel, preferably in thousandths of an inch like with a precision caliper, will help determine the caliber. The revolvers both appear to have scenes engraved on the cylinders and a description of the illustration can aid in identification. Is there any writing on the boxes or any papers included?

What is your specific interest in these guns? Do you want to shoot them, primary interested in value, looking to sell, or something else?

The more you can tell us the more we can give detailed answers. Additional close up pictures showing each side of each gun and any other details could help.

Here are a couple of links to show you just some of the various things they could be so you will understand why there is no simple answer:

Some cap and ball revolvers
    https://www.dixiegunworks.com/defau...=2a&&page=2&osCsid=7n9r3948vj2pfmokth3ral0on0

Some flintlocks
    https://www.dixiegunworks.com/default.php?cPath=701_709_711&osCsid=7n9r3948vj2pfmokth3ral0on0

If you are interested in safe handling and how the revolvers work this is a good starting introduction
    http://www.pietta.us/pdf/Manuale_Avancarica_ENG.pdf

Last edited:

AURORA4DTH

Feb 26, 2017
    WOW!! Thanx a ton guys, I really appreciate the info....Here is a little more info and what the guns actually say.
    Bottom Right Gun,
    Black Powder Cal .31 Made in Italy. XX9 PN......

Top right Gun , XX7 cal .36 Navy Model Made in Italy,PN

Left Side Gun XXX PN Harpers Ferry 1607

NOT AN OUTLAW I didnt think they were anything great, just looking for info.

BlackSmith101 Yes i am looking for value if possible. Not looking to get full price but what are numbers i could move them fast for. I need some cash. I figire the more info i have the better off i am, i dont know anything about these guns. i am looking to get rid of them but cannot post on classifieds until i have 50 posts. I am in MD.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    The revolvers sell new for 200 somthing to 300 somthing . Unless they are actual " Second Generation Colts" , significant price drop on used. The case and accoutrements for the .36 Navy are worth * somthing * , but depends on the quality of the actual case, and the whim of the buyer.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    AURORA4DTH

Where in MD are you located? Someone may be able to give you a better idea of condition if they see them in person.

AURORA4DTH

Feb 26, 2017
    Blacksmith I am in Mechanicsville, but i go to waldorf every day and could bring them down there.

Not an Outlaw. Oh sorry about that. i thought you meant they were junk hah

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    That is a link to a nonfiring replica made of plastic I am pretty sure the one in the OP is a fireable piece. Big difference in price.

I wasn't linking it for the add... I linked it for the information provided about the original pistol in the link. In fact, I said so in my post.
    Big difference in intent...
    But thank you anyway

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom