Can we get one Official Maryland Shooters Spotted Thread ?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mayor_quimby

4+4= Jello
    Nov 19, 2008
    It would be nice to just have one thread that can be put up as a sticky in the water cooler section. This would limit all these separate spotted threads created and also make it easier for people to respond back.

fd318

Mar 22, 2010
    Upper Fells Point

I don't like the idea of someone potentially taking pics of my car and posting it on the internet. I really don't like the idea of having a central list of these sightings are. (And what I really think is foolish is when people post pics of their stocked vault of guns.) Just remember folks, the internet never forgets. This isn't a closed website where everybody knows each other in real life. Granted, I feel safer with ya'll than some of my neighbors.

Tin Foil Hat, Engage.
    But lets face the truth for a second, anyone can join this website. And if you're here, you probably have guns at home. Oh and now your car is known to us. Maybe some pics of your wife/kids/dog/toys are also floating around. Yeah, imagine you are a bad guy just for a second...

Its one thing to post a picture of your car with a logo, its another for someone else to take pics and post it on the internet... then ask who you are.

mayor_quimby

4+4= Jello
    Nov 19, 2008
    To each his own but the original point in this was to limit peoples threads on the matter. I don't remember seeing a picture of anyone's car in a spotted thread but rather a quick description of time and place. I think the whole point in putting a MD Shooters sticker on your car is actually to get noticed.

mbz300sdl

Gone living free now!!!
    Apr 12, 2010
    South Carolina
    To each his own but the original point in this was to limit peoples threads on the matter. I don't remember seeing a picture of anyone's car in a spotted thread but rather a quick description of time and place. I think the whole point in putting a MD Shooters sticker on your car is actually to get noticed.

Thats why there is nothing on my car and my clothes are "vanilla flavored" and what pics of my guns are on here i never once said how many i own or what they all are and tag numbers of cars are always edited out. But really my SN is the same on all sites so yahoo/google me and you will find me lol. I put on what i am ok with people knowing thats it and nothing more with the full understanding and knowledge that once its online it can't come off!

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy

I don't like the idea of someone potentially taking pics of my car and posting it on the internet. I really don't like the idea of having a central list of these sightings are. (And what I really think is foolish is when people post pics of their stocked vault of guns.) Just remember folks, the internet never forgets. This isn't a closed website where everybody knows each other in real life. Granted, I feel safer with ya'll than some of my neighbors.

Tin Foil Hat, Engage.
    But lets face the truth for a second, anyone can join this website. And if you're here, you probably have guns at home. Oh and now your car is known to us. Maybe some pics of your wife/kids/dog/toys are also floating around. Yeah, imagine you are a bad guy just for a second...

Its one thing to post a picture of your car with a logo, its another for someone else to take pics and post it on the internet... then ask who you are.
    If you are that worried about it, methinks you might want to take the magnet off of your car.

I'm not casting stones....I've considered taking mine off too. The TinFoil Force is strong with me as well.

phidelta308

Jan 4, 2010
    bawlmer, hon!

Tin Foil Hat, Engage.

Hmmm.... I know what car you drive, where you live, what guns you own, what your dog looks like, who your girl friend is, her friends, and where you like to go to eat. But then again, I live with you.

Anyways, what I would love to see more than "I saw a MDS bumper sticker" is "hey I'm going to Hap baker, who wants to come?" Meet ups, range trips, or just a simple, "Hey, it was great seeing so and so at the range today" are what builds a community.

For the record though, if I'm wearing MDS apparel or have an MDS sticker on my car, I'm making a public statement. So I don't have a huge issue with pointing out sightings of MDS stuff. Then again, I don't put stuff on my car for that reason. I do wear my hoodie around when it's weather appropriate.

Last edited:

Chris L

Bite me
    Oct 31, 2007
    Catonsville

Tin Foil Hat, Engage.

If you're worried about someone posting a pic of your car on a website, think of the number of people who see your car while you are driving it. I can guarantee that there are more "unsavory" people that see your car while you are driving it everyday than there are checking out this website.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    If you're worried about someone posting a pic of your car on a website, think of the number of people who see your car while you are driving it. I can guarantee that there are more "unsavory" people that see your car while you are driving it everyday than there are checking out this website.

But there is a lot more information here.

You drive Gray Ford pick-up.....someone posted the pic with the license number.

Last week you posted a pic of your new ACR

You are going to the range tomorrow at 10 AM cause the wife is out of town, and will be there for 4 hours, if anyone wants to go

A month ago you posted a pic of your 5 M1A's and your extensive 1911 collection

Yesterday you posted that you needed to get a gun safe, because you didn't have one.

Tomorrow, when you get home from the range, all of your guns are gone.

Yes, this is how communities are made. We get comfortable and don't think about how much identifying and personal information we post in the WORLD WIDE WEB, we're just being neighborly. You can't trust everyone here. The guy who just sees your car doesn't have your itinerary.

mayor_quimby

4+4= Jello
    Nov 19, 2008
    For the record though, if I'm wearing MDS apparel or have an MDS sticker on my car, I'm making a public statement. So I don't have a huge issue with pointing out sightings of MDS stuff.

That's basically what im trying to say.Its real simple don't post pics, just give a simple description and if it actually is your car and you don't want anyone to know you don't respond.

One reason I think this is a nice idea is with all the new members coming on, its nice to see a person with the same interest around you especially when you live in Montgomery county.

fd318

Mar 22, 2010
    Upper Fells Point
    That's basically what im trying to say.Its real simple don't post pics, just give a simple description and if it actually is your car and you don't want anyone to know you don't respond.

Well what I would be more worried about is when someone else IDs me. For example my room mate just now and I don't even have a clue it happened. I know there are at least 6 members in my neighborhood here. 3 of them I don't know (they all have magnets to their cars.) Anyone can buy a sticker. I rather hang out with them at the range. Also, the magnet goes on my ammo can when I'm at Hap Baker, there, easy to see. Feel free to say hi there. :)

Medic49

Jul 11, 2010
    This is probably the most inappropriate time to ask, but where can I get an MDS sticker? Not saying it's for my car!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    roth405

Latest threads

Top Bottom