• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • M6HTZ

Nov 1, 2008
    Signal Mountain, TN
    I am getting a converted S-12 in the next few weeks and would like to take it to shoot trap and sporting clays. I realize the gun is not designed for light brass, but hopefully with the work done the gun will cycle well.

I have shot at PG and really enjoy it. I usually bring my pump gun and feel a little out of place with all the break barrels. I guess I will get a few strange looks with the S-12.

Thanks

24" min barrel length at PGTS. If your S12 has that (I don't know sh!t about Saigas) then you're good to go.

I went up there a couple weeks ago with my 870 Tacticool with pistol-gripped full stock and a swapped-in 28" barrel in place of the 18".

No one said anything. Shot 3 rounds alone and 2 more in a "pick-up" group and no one even gave me a second look. Well, one guy did. Asked if the PG helped with recoil. I told him I didn't think it made much of a difference, but PG's just feel more "natural" to me.

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    I am not sure about PG, but saturday I shot with a guy who had a 10.5 barreled 870 at Loch Raven and nobody said a word.

I shot at LR with a 20ga Rossi Youth Model with a 20" barrel....I think LR is pretty forgiving as long as you don't make an ass out of yourself.

There's a guy there I call "The Beretta Guy". Beretta Vest, Beretta Shirt, Beretta Hat, Beretta shotgun. Beautiful gun.....looks like the type of gun Rolls Royce would make if they made shotguns.......but......

Guy couldn't hit an elephant at three feet with that gun. :lol2:

I went there, having never shot trap before, took the Rossi and busted 8 out of 25 clays. Maybe it was luck, but "The Beretta Guy" stopped laughing at me after he asked if I could shoot anything with my toy gun.

M6HTZ

Nov 1, 2008
    Signal Mountain, TN
    From what I've read the S-12's bolt does not stay open after the last round. They have a modification for it but it looks involved. Plus the barrel length is 19". I guess I will stick to the pump guns for sporting clays.

wyomingboy

Jan 26, 2009
    I shot at LR with a 20ga Rossi Youth Model with a 20" barrel....I think LR is pretty forgiving as long as you don't make an ass out of yourself.

There's a guy there I call "The Beretta Guy". Beretta Vest, Beretta Shirt, Beretta Hat, Beretta shotgun. Beautiful gun.....looks like the type of gun Rolls Royce would make if they made shotguns.......but......

Guy couldn't hit an elephant at three feet with that gun. :lol2:

I went there, having never shot trap before, took the Rossi and busted 8 out of 25 clays. Maybe it was luck, but "The Beretta Guy" stopped laughing at me after he asked if I could shoot anything with my toy gun.

Guess you were shooting at the larger elephant? :)

720Deere

Dec 6, 2009
    Every club seems to have "the Berreta guy". It's fun to outshoot those guys with an 870 express.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Markmcgrrr

Latest threads

Top Bottom