Can I get some C&R support on facebook please..

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • yellowsled

Retired C&R Addict
    Jun 22, 2009
    Palm Beach, Fl
    Were the items paid for up front? Check, Money Order, Credit Card?

Do you have documentation showing the price was locked in? What does the Order state?

Does the Order mention prices subject to change and availaibilty?

What was the initial price and what it the current price they are offering?

They charged my card a inital small charge to verify it was a good card, not the full amount. Order was placed when the rifles were $30 lower each. How can prices be prices subject to change and availaibilty even after you place the order? That does not make sense. There was no out of stock or backorder notice. (until maybe 2 weeks ago they posted that they were on backorder, then about 2 days ago they raised the price).

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    They charged my card a inital small charge to verify it was a good card, not the full amount. Order was placed when the rifles were $30 lower each. How can prices be prices subject to change and availaibilty even after you place the order? That does not make sense. There was no out of stock or backorder notice. (until maybe 2 weeks ago they posted that they were on backorder, then about 2 days ago they raised the price).

What's the amount they charged you? If you want people to support you it would be nice if explain in detail the situation in full. What were you charged initially? What was the firearms original price? What was the modifiex price? Are they going to refund the initial charge plus interest? How many rifles?

As for price subject to change its common. If a vendor doesn't have an item it can be price subject to change. Its why I asked. If the place they buy rifles from raises the price then century with do the same. I see it often from our gun distributors where the prices change due to their increased cost from earlier prices. If we don't like the price change we cancel the order.

This is not a legal contract IMO unless they charged you the full amount or failed to refj d any deposit without interest.

yellowsled

Retired C&R Addict
    Jun 22, 2009
    Palm Beach, Fl
    What's the amount they charged you? If you want people to support you it would be nice if explain in detail the situation in full. What were you charged initially? What was the firearms original price? What was the modifiex price? Are they going to refund the initial charge plus interest? How many rifles?

As for price subject to change its common. If a vendor doesn't have an item it can be price subject to change. Its why I asked. If the place they buy rifles from raises the price then century with do the same. I see it often from our gun distributors where the prices change due to their increased cost from earlier prices. If we don't like the price change we cancel the order.

This is not a legal contract IMO unless they charged you the full amount or failed to refj d any deposit without interest.

You win. I'm in the wrong....

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County

If what you say is true, then nobody would ever be able to sign a contract for future delivery and be able to know what the price is. They accepted his order while they were stating a price for the items. They were not saying that orders could be placed, but prices might change before delivery could be made.

In any case, it's a sucky way to run a business.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    I'm not a lawyer but I'm pretty sure if money changes hands you have a contract. I think the legal term is "consideration". A lot of times goods will be sold for $1 just to show that consideration was made.

Billcw

Ultimate Member
    Oct 26, 2008
    Hanover,md
    You win. I'm in the wrong....

He didnt say you were wrong he just said you provided little info for anyone to make a rational decision to support you.
    Yes there will be memebers who will just up and go by your word but some of us would like a bit more info on what happend which I think is only fair . There have been IP's and other dealers who have been blasted on this site just because someone said they did so and so with out knowing everythign behind it .

At least this is how I see it .

Now where I use to work they were a direct Sig dealer and at one point we would to to order one of thier firearms and they said we cannot guarantee the price we quoted you when it comes in . that realy put the dealer in a bind when orders were already taken .

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    He didnt say you were wrong he just said you provided little info for anyone to make a rational decision to support you.
    Yes there will be memebers who will just up and go by your word but some of us would like a bit more info on what happend which I think is only fair . There have been IP's and other dealers who have been blasted on this site just because someone said they did so and so with out knowing everythign behind it .

At least this is how I see it .

Now where I use to work they were a direct Sig dealer and at one point we would to to order one of thier firearms and they said we cannot guarantee the price we quoted you when it comes in . that realy put the dealer in a bind when orders were already taken .

You understand exactly what I meant. :thumbsup:

This is why I made my original post. No details, and when I ask I get vague answers an avoided specifics.

I cannot support or oppose someone or something without details.

yellowsled

Retired C&R Addict
    Jun 22, 2009
    Palm Beach, Fl
    You understand exactly what I meant. :thumbsup:

This is why I made my original post. No details, and when I ask I get vague answers an avoided specifics.

I cannot support or oppose someone or something without details.

Answers were not intended to be vauge, but i gave a overview of what happened. I was quite upset yesterday with CAI so I briefly gave a description of what happened. I didnt think I need to present every little detail as the important part was that they jacked the price up $30 as I said earlier. The price and exact quantity as they really have nothing to do with what happened, but since you insist, will now give every little detail since you think I am not telling the entire story......

Were the items paid for up front? Check, Money Order, Credit Card?
    Order was placed with a CC over the phone. They charged a small amount as I stated earlier, maybe a dollar or so. After a week or two it drops off the CC bill. This is standard practice for them.

Do you have documentation showing the price was locked in? What does the Order state?
    Order was placed over the phone, & they do not send documentation when a order is placed over the phone. I told my rep what I wanted and he confirmed the order and prices. This is also standard paractice for them.

Does the Order mention prices subject to change and availaibilty?
    Not that I noticed

What was the initial price and what it the current price they are offering?
    Inital price was 109, and the new price as of 2-3 days ago was 139. Thats the $30 increase as I said.

How many rifles?
    My order was for 20 rifles, again not that this was required to be deailed in my first post, but I guess you needed to know for some reason.

I placed my order sometime about 22 Dec, there was no mention of backorder or anything. About 2 weeks ago (maybe 3/14/13), the ad changed and said it was on backorder. Then 2-3 days ago the price changed, with the $30 increase. I made a couple inquiries over the past 3-4months to my rep and he always said that the guns are waiting to clear every time I called him. Typically CAI orders ship anywhere from then in 2-4 weeks, so a couple months for something didnt really surprise me. I have maybe placed 8-10 orders from them over the past few years, so thats how I based what typical procedures are.

Just to clarify, I never said there was a legal contract, I said it was not right what they did to me.

There you have it, every single detail of my order. Do you think is still right what they did to me?

NiteOwl

Grasshoppa
    Sep 19, 2011
    Pylesville, MD
    You forgot to include the name of your rep and the exact time you called to make the order. I can't support you until I know these things...

:D

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    Everything doesn't have to be a legal binding contract. They gave their word and didn't live up to it, I don't see how it gets any simpler than that.

yellowsled

Retired C&R Addict
    Jun 22, 2009
    Palm Beach, Fl
    Everything doesn't have to be a legal binding contract. They gave their word and didn't live up to it, I don't see how it gets any simpler than that.

Thats really where I was going with it from the start. :thumbsup:

ALCON-

BTW, I am not releasing my CC#, date, and code that I used for the purchase. :lol2:

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    I agree you got the short end of the stick on the deal and I appreciate you giving defails. I now have reasonable info to support your cause. l hope you get the rifles at the pre discussed prices bit I don't think they will budge.

Now let me share MY story with a similar situation. It also has to do with Century. I was building Draco Rifles and Century was the place we used because about 2 out of every 3 I rejected for issues before building off the firearm. Century was the only place that would allow that with the Dracos but their price was slightly higher than places like center fire, SOG, and some of our regular distributors but the customer support and replacements made their higher prices more cost effective for my purposes. I used to buy the dracos for the shop anywhere from 475 to 575 and based my rifle builds off that cost plus parts and labor. Many customers pre ordered at an agreed price and I fulfilled my builds.

The builds got quite popular but I didn't have time to do anymore. After the New town incident I was slammed with requests for more draco rifles and I built a few more at the older prices and had a few people waiting for more to arrive.........

I had given customers prices on a completed build based on established pricing on my end that were waiting. None of these people had deposits but I still took their orders.

Last month Century called and told us our Draco backorder was available BUT the new prices was $995 per unit. We declined and cancelled all orders with century and the customers because it wasn't cost effective and if I had proceeded we would have been upside down on each build by about $300.00. We couldn't afford a hit like that. There's no way that my employer would have taken a loss like that and nor would I if my name was on the business.

Some would say I and my boss were in the wrong for not eating the loss. Simply put we couldn't afford the loss but without me explaining it in detail peoe assume I'm ripping someone off or pulling a bait and switch if I had raised my prices to offset my increased costs.

tsmith1499

Poor C&R Collector
    Jan 10, 2012
    Southern Mount Airy, Md.
    I know business is business, but since Sled has bought MANY crates of Mosins from them, I would have thought in the interest of customer service they could have done something. I can't see them taking a loss, but even selling THIS crate to him at cost would be better than what is happening now. That $30.00 is probably all of their profit, but they would have had a satisfied RETURN customer. Just my .02.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom