• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bigalf

Apr 1, 2012
    Fort Meade
    Just a quick question on transferring a firearm. I understand it is ok to borrow a firearm from someone in MD. But if we went to MSP to do a transfer and we agreed to let each other borrow the firearm would this be illegal? If for example me and seller lived quite far apart to a our having to meet up in 8 days and when paperwork came through couldn't he just let me borrow it to take to range in the mean time? I'm new to MD law so I am just curious. Thanks for any opinions.

aireyc

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    I have no idea as to the legality, but that's a hilarious concept. On the 8th day he calls up "yeah, I don't want it anymore, you can have it."

daggo66

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2013
    Glen Burnie
    Don't ask questions that you don't want answered. Here is food for thought, if you buy a gun at Freestate, they will let you come in and shoot it while you are in the waiting period.

mbz300sdl

Gone living free now!!!
    Apr 12, 2010
    South Carolina
    I have no idea as to the legality, but that's a hilarious concept. On the 8th day he calls up "yeah, I don't want it anymore, you can have it."

Well the problem is you have bought it however if you said hey let's do the paperwork and I'll let you borrow it to see it you like then if you do paperwork is done and you can just have it if not if you never send in the copy signed the second time the transfer will ever be logged :thumbsup:

aireyc

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Well the problem is you have bought it however if you said hey let's do the paperwork and I'll let you borrow it to see it you like then if you do paperwork is done and you can just have it if not if you never send in the copy signed the second time the transfer will ever be logged :thumbsup:

Yeah, that's true.

bigalf

Apr 1, 2012
    Fort Meade
    I guess my question is also if we do an 8th day transfer and then in 90 says we get paperwork aren't you basically borrowing the gun between day 8 and when paperwork finally comes through?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom