• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ruzo

Ultimate Member
    Mar 12, 2011
    Phoenix, MD.
    Ok, this is my first thread. I hope it's ok if I rant a little. I grew up in a shitty neighborhood in Baltimore City. The fact of the matter is there is only one other guy I grew up with like myself, "kept his nose fairly clean, never got into to much trouble". I know I know I'm rambling and I'm sorry. But the back round needed to be mentioned for the story. I was running around town doing some shopping when I ran into a guy I haven't seen since I was 17. First thing out of his mouth after the wazzups was, "yeah man I just got out". We talked for a bit and got around to hobbies and things. I told him I'm an avid shooter, when he says to me "oh yeah, wanna buy a gun"? I was in total shock! A gun I said how could you purchase a gun??? He said you name it I can get it for you in a few hours. He then asked if I was parked in the area we were smoking in, and if I wanted to walk to his car and see what he just picked up 2 nights ago. Curious, I followed. He showed me the Bersa .380 he just bought. Joking I said "dam I gotta wait 7 to 10 days to get mine". Then suddenly I remembered an appointment I had to get to and bailed after getting his tag number. As soon as I got in my car I called my buddy who happens to be one of Baltimore Cities finest. Gave him all the info and let God and then law do what they have to do. I know that guy, and even though we grew up together, if he thought I had some thing he wanted he would have lit me up with that old Bersa and left me for dead. The point for this novel is this, why do we live in a state that makes it so hard for us to not only carry, but jump through firery hoops to fulfill our God given right?? While crack head Joe down the street can pick up an AK in a couple of hours??? Again sorry for the 7 chapter novel, this is my first post. Have to figure out how to word things in a shorter fashion. Any way I know I'm not the only one who feels disgusted by this, but what do you guys think???

Last edited:

HardHatMan

FBHO
    Jul 14, 2009
    Virginia
    This is the reason that any type of gun control doesn't work. It only adds more red tape to legal gun owners like us. The anti's are afraid of the criminals, but their actions only affect us.

Oct 27, 2008
    Dundalk, Hon!
    The ruling class lets criminals run loose to scare us into demanding they do something to protect us. They'll be happy to do that, all we need to do is give up all those silly rights. Making it difficult for us to get guns to protect ourselves does two things: it makes being a criminal safer, and it helps keep us from getting ideas about telling the rulers where to shove their new taxes, etc.

jonnyl

Ultimate Member
    Sep 23, 2009
    Frederick
    It's sad, but I doubt there'll be many surprised folks reading this.

On a lighter note, welcome to the forum!

shaddydan

ADHD chicken fighter
    Oct 22, 2010
    Hydes
    That's a very sad story. But whether its guns or whatever, if you want the easy way out in life, you can find it. Law abiding citizens will always have to do the right thing and that is always a more difficult path. But that's ok, cause I know where I want to go when I leave this earth.

BlueHeeler

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Washington, DC
    If someone has ANY unlawful or violent inclinations, gun laws will be the first law they ignore. Gun laws are ONLY for the lawfully minded fools like us to follow.:)

Welcome

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    FWIW, a great story. Beware of the ramifications.

This is said, due to MD revolving justice system. You might want to have this thread deleted, before your buddy or his friends add two and two together.

Knowing MD's education system, you might have a little time while they're calculating. lol

wlc

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2006
    You must be mistaken in your story.
    You can't sell guns with out an FFL - it's against the law and we all know that laws make us safer.

& to answer your question, yes - anyone can see this posting. Even non registered users

Schwabe

Ultimate Member
    Nov 20, 2010
    Sho'a
    woooow, I am shocked how easy it is to get guns ...

but hey I found this deal in craig's list ....

bridge-to-sell1.png

mcbruzdzinski

NRA Training Counselor
    Industry Partner
    Aug 28, 2007
    Catonsville MD
    As sad and sobering story. I know of a similar incident that involved a friend of mine.

I am amazed at how often I hear that stricter gun laws will deter criminals from getting guns. When I point out that criminals, by their very nature fail to follow laws, the folks just stare at me with disbelief. Someone here posted a commercial with a guy talking about stricter laws and how it helps him be a better/saafer criminal. I wish it would air more often on TV. Maybe folks would get the point.

In any case, welcome to the forum from the Catonsville area.

GoGoGadget

Deplorable Member
    Mar 10, 2011
    A.A.Co. and Carteret Co. NC
    When I point out that criminals, by their very nature fail to follow laws, the folks just stare at me with disbelief.

+1
    most "bad guys" are psychopathic and/or sociopathic by nature for whatever reasons. They truly believe that laws don't apply to them. If you've ever read the Dale Carnegie classic "How to Win Friends and Influence People", his first chapter discusses this in depth. These types of people generally cannot be reasoned with and honestly do not believe that the illegal things they do are do are wrong.

Ruzo

Ultimate Member
    Mar 12, 2011
    Phoenix, MD.
    FWIW, a great story. Beware of the ramifications.

This is said, due to MD revolving justice system. You might want to have this thread deleted, before your buddy or his friends add two and two together.

Knowing MD's education system, you might have a little time while they're calculating. lol

Like I said I grew up in a fairly rough neighborhood, let's just say I'm no push over. Plus several of my good friends and family are in the law enforcement field always says, "When the Shit goes down, I'm headin to Ruzo's house". I'm ready for the Zombies if you know what I mean... :)

Ruzo

Ultimate Member
    Mar 12, 2011
    Phoenix, MD.
    Did he mention how much a M&P 9mm would cost? I wonder if he can beat Buds prices.

LOL!! Before the other day, I haven't seen this POS for 25 years and I'm pretty sure it'll be double that before I see him again.

And just an update the car was registered to a female who when questioned never heard of the guy, and swears she Never lent her car to any one...

And Thanx for the Welcome guys from Jacksonville.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom