Camping firearms , what do you take with you ?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Ill take different things for different uses.

Car camping, Ill usually take either my M1 carbine with folding stock or a good .357 lever gun. Either I am 100% instinctive with.

If at my cabin in PA Ill usually carry either bear buster (Ruger Redhawk 4" in .45) or a Dan Wesson .357

cornstalk

Mar 13, 2013
    As someone stated, "when I am in FREE states." This liberal communist state does not allow you to legally take a gun camping, EVER. As far as I know in order to legally transport a firearm, you have to be on your way to/from the range, hunting or just purchased a firearm and taking it home. I researched pretty thoroughly the laws of this state, and as far as I can tell it is NEVER legal to discharge a firearm either (outside of a shooting range or private property with proper setbacks from other residential areas), unless it's hunting season and you're aiming at legal game.

Sorry, I don't mean to come across like I'm reading you the riot act. I don't agree with the restrictive atmosphere here and cannot wait to move away from this state. Until last year, it was not even legal to go HUNTING ON SUNDAY in Maryland! (blue laws dating back to the Puritans no doubt but still enforced here until a year ago). I'm sure liberals would say good riddance if I left. And I say that all things will even out in the end.

You know we talk about protecting our 2nd amendment rights, but as far as I can tell, we've already lost about 80% of it. The current battle is over the final 20% remnant of what used to be a right to B:E:A:R arms.

cornstalk

Mar 13, 2013
    What do you mean by free state? Are you referring to Maryland or PA? Can you arm yourself in a State Park?

Sorry, I was talking about MD being NON-free. Someone made a comment "unless you're in a FREE state" and that's what I was referring to. As far as I know, the right to bear arms in MD is only extended within your home. Once you step outside your door, your 2nd amendment right ends, unless you are a LOE or have been robbed in the past and were able to acquire a handgun permit.

capman98

Ultimate Member
    Jan 11, 2011
    Mt. Airy maryland
    Just to add a point of interest here. I was camping at Green ridge state forest last month for a long weekend. The DNR officer made his apperence on the 2nd night we were there. He was very nice and introduced himself and asked how we were and made a little small talk. He noticed an empty rifle shell casing sitting on the picnic table and simply asked if all the firearms in the camp were unloaded and to make sure we keep all the shooting at the range. He never asked if anyone was carrying or anything.

Like I said, Just a point of interest on my experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom