• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • squeky

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2007
    Frederick
    for another revolution :o:D Ammo isn't good enough for some people, now they want reloading deals. :cool:

I'm adding a reloading section to my site and I'm not an expert on reloading (though I have gotten some help and researched it a while ago). So, I have a shell set up with categories and subcategories, but I'm not certain everything is right and the best way of accomplishing categorization. Can you guys take a look and gimme some feedback on it? Thanks much, hopefully it'll be a valuable resource and make finding reloading supplies much easier.

http://gun-deals.com/reloadingtest.php

Brad

DZ

Ultimate Member
    Oct 9, 2005
    Mount Airy, MD
    At first glance it looks good to me. For me, a vertical list would be easier to read.

Also, .357 Magnum and .38 Special includes .357 and .358 bullets.

squeky

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2007
    Frederick
    Thanks, I've fixed the .357 thing.

Vertical layout, great suggestion. As long as the data goes in, it can come out in any format easily. I'll look into a vertical layout as well, it'll just be some kind of a preference as to which you want. Do you think that's the best way to categorize everything? It seems quite daunting to me....especially since I know almost nothing about reloading! :innocent0

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    Great site squeky!:)

Suggestions?
    OMHO:
    1) I agree that a vertical layout is easier reading
    2) Arrange/categorize pistol bullets by diameter (9mmMak just behind the 38/357s)
    3) Arrange/categorize rifle bullets by caliber/diameter subtitles (vs. diameter ranges)
    4) Do not bother sub-categorizing the shotgun shot sizes
    5) Categorize shot by material (steel/lead/hard lead/nickel plate/copper plate) because material is the main cost factor
    6) Do not segregate powders by "pistol/rifle/shotgun", but by maker. (Many powders are interchangeable, and we (reloaders) are used to looking for mfrs)

Other:
    Look at bullet makers for ideas on cats/diameter order (Sierra/Speer/Hornady)
    Look at burn rate charts or mfr lists (DuPont/Accurate Arms/Hodgden/Vht) for powder order

Good luck, and thanks for your efforts!:party29:

squeky

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2007
    Frederick
    Great! And it gets more complicated :o

Now I remember why I scrapped it the first time around, I forgot how much there was to it.... Hopefully I'll have some time soon to start work on the changes above, does everyone else agree with them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom