• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Assists21

Jan 17, 2013
    These two Dems and all the others that voted against SB 281 need to hear from us and ask them to support a filibuster if available to them. Senator Jacobs said another filibuster may be available. Call the senator today!!!

DeGrange - 410-841-3593

Middleton - 410-841-3616

Put on the pressure!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MadCat0911

Ultimate Member
    Jan 2, 2013
    Hanover
    These two Dems and all the others that voted against SB 281 need to hear from us and ask them to support a filibuster if available to them. Senator Jacobs said another filibuster may be available. Call the senator today!!!

DeGrange - 410-841-3593

Middleton - 410-841-3616

Put on the pressure!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not that I believe "every bill deserves a vote" DeGrange won't screw us over on this, but I'll call his office after my morning caffeinification.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    There is hope here. It is still a pretty conservative county and these guys really can lose their seats in the next election over this.

DeGrange especially needs to hear from AA County gun owners in his district. He wants to have it both ways, he wants to vote for cloture to stop a filibuster, then vote against the bill to tell his constituents he's on their side. He obviously thinks his voters are too stupid to understand that a vote for cloture is a vote for a gun ban. Call his office and politely tell him otherwise.

fire_medic

Nov 16, 2008
    Calvert County
    Done and Done

Sen Middleton's number sends you to the district number and the district numbers sends you to the Annapolis Office. Nice. Left messages on both.

Now to the Fax Machine.

nobis1

Aug 5, 2012
    This is exactly what I was thinking as I was driving to work this morning. Are there any other potential Dems that could be persuaded for this? Is there an organized effort afoot in these districts to get these gentleman to do the right thing?

Assists21

Jan 17, 2013
    Not that I believe "every bill deserves a vote" DeGrange won't screw us over on this, but I'll call his office after my morning caffeinification.

Just got off phone with gentleman from DeGrange office, don't let the rhetoric discourage you. Pressure them that bad votes do not deserve a vote. A vote for cloture is a

Assists21

Jan 17, 2013
    Just got off phone with gentleman from DeGrange office, don't let the rhetoric discourage you. Pressure them that bad votes do not deserve a vote. A vote for cloture is a

...Vote for the bill. Sorry hit the wrong button! Don't give up now we have come to sweat too much to just throw in the towel.

Rabu Rabu

Operatoroperatoroperator
    Sep 10, 2012
    Cambridge, MD
    Did done did it.

I was sure to state they won't have to be worried about O'Malley soon and will have to face thousands of angry voters. And that I strongly support them siding with us on this, as will the aforementioned angry voters.

fire_medic

Nov 16, 2008
    Calvert County
    My Fax Cover Sheet for each Senator

Vote NO on Cloture and

VOTE NO ON SB281

I wonder how your donors would feel if people started to boycott their
    businesses because of YOUR policies? Wonder how long they would
    continue to donate to your re-election? Guess we will find out.
    The Internet and Facebook are wonderful things. I wonder if you
    vote to gut the First Amendment next.

nobis1

Aug 5, 2012
    I live in AA County but not in Degrange's district (have friends/family there). Spoke with a young lady in his office. They are attempting to play both sides of this. First, they say they are opposed and believe SB281 is bad policy, so they are voting against it (can argue to his constituents he voted against it). Good answer.

Second, I pressed and told her that his vote for cloture allowed the bill to be voted on in the first place, his vote was the difference and the reason SB281 has come this far. So, I asked that he support a filibuster of the bill. She then says that Sen. Degrange does not believe in "Washington games"; all bills that make it out of committee deserve a vote. So, by voting to allow cloture, Degrange gets to stay on the good side of the Democratic leadership.

I would offer that everyone that calls takes a simple approach, a vote for cloture is a vote for SB281 and we will vote against him, fund his opponent and put boots on the ground to insure all his constituents know he voted for the bill. Tell him/her that real leaders take a stand to protect their constituents. If you live in his district, your calls have more sway.

One final thing, I got right through. This tells me they are not getting much in the way of calls. We need to jam their phones on this.

kjp1231

May 17, 2009
    Glen Burnie, MD
    Just sent this to DeGrange -

Senator DeGrange,

As a registered Democrat and resident of Glen Burnie I am a constituent of yours I was quite disappointed in your previous vote that infringed on my second amendment rights.** Soon you will have a chance to vote on this matter again and I implore you to vote against this bill regardless of the pressure from our Governor.* As a father I dont want any further tragedies to our children, but I can guarantee you that this bill will do NOTHING to prevent future tragedies.*

Please vote NO on this bill to protect our rights and understand it won't prevent future tragedies.*

If you want to talk prior to your vote I would be more than happy to have an open discussion with you.

Thank you,
    Kevin

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

USAFRavenR6

Apr 7, 2012
    Mur-land
    So I just called. DeGrange assistant was not even open to the idea of supporting a filibusterer and said he believes that all bills deserve a vote. I asked her to pass the message along that if he does support cloture he will be viewed as someone who supported the bill and donors are already being called for the members who are in support of this bill and please ask him to support to filibusterer.

Middleton assistant said was very nice and told me that she has been receiving a ton of calls asking him to stand fast and oppose as well as also vote against cloture. She said the phone has been ringing all morning with this message. She also said that there is going to be another attempt to filibusterer, she caught wind of this and said she was excited over it. Hammer Middleton's the most, his assistant is even expressing this to him.

Applehd

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2012
    For what it's worth, I left a message at Sen. Kasemeyer's office...(Dis.12) He already voted for the original Bill and for original cloture...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom