• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TI-tick

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    MD, NY, and CA, seem to be in a competition to see who can come up with the most anti 2A laws, with CA leading the way so far. Take note MD as this may soon be coming from the MGA. From my CCW instructor:

"The 11% excise tax on all firearm and ammunition purchases goes into effect (edited from affect) July 1st, 2024 - this is in addition to sales tax.

SB1160 is on the horizon - it will require annual registration, for a fee, of each gun you own - failure to pay registration fee is a $1000 fine per gun."

Keep in mind it's illegal in CA to import ammo w/o a FFL. If you have a 03 FFL C&R you can do it but you pay the above tax.

Truth be told I don't see any dollars detailed yet in what I've read about SB 1160; the comments under the sponsors tab are a good read, not that it will make any difference:
    https://legiscan.com/CA/sponsors/SB1160/2023

One of the comments references IL attempts for registration but I think that would be more accurately NY's AW registration and CA's attempt for the same. IIRC the estimates of those registering "assault rifles" was about 8-15% of those within the state. IMO this SB 1160 is a scheme to corral those who did not register their "AW's" to rat themselves out. Along with onerous fees to make it financially difficult to own a firearm in CA. This is some seriously diabolical shit, and IMO unconstitutional.

This bill has not been passed, yet.

TI-tick

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    If CA thinks climate change is making the water rise, wait until all those guns get lost in accidents. :innocent0
    Yep, well that's illegal also.
    Failure to report a lost or stolen gun is currently a crime in CA. Maybe soon in MD if not already done.

It truly boggles my mind that these douches that when sworn in take an oath to defend the constitution, actively work to deprive citizens of their rights.

Evil is the best I can come up with.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    Yep, well that's illegal also.
    Failure to report a lost or stolen gun is currently a crime in CA. Maybe soon in MD if not already done.

Yes, you have 72 hours.

Section 29.03.01.04 - Lost or Stolen Firearms
    A. If a regulated firearm is lost or stolen, the owner of the firearm shall report the loss or theft to the local law enforcement agency within 72 hours after the owner first discovers the loss or theft.

Pretty sure this was expanded to include non regulated firearms, but I didn't see that in a search.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Yes, you have 72 hours.

Section 29.03.01.04 - Lost or Stolen Firearms
    A. If a regulated firearm is lost or stolen, the owner of the firearm shall report the loss or theft to the local law enforcement agency within 72 hours after the owner first discovers the loss or theft.

Pretty sure this was expanded to include non regulated firearms, but I didn't see that in a search.
    "....after the owner first discovers the loss or theft."

Do you check the location of every firearm every day?

Yes officer you have a warrant for my AS007 firearm, just a minute and I will get it for you.
    :omg: OH my God it is missing!

Officer I want to report a stolen firearm.

Oledirteh

MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2011
    Union Bridge md
    "....after the owner first discovers the loss or theft."

Do you check the location of every firearm every day?

Yes officer you have a warrant for my AS007 firearm, just a minute and I will get it for you.
    :omg: OH my God it is missing!

Officer I want to report a stolen firearm.

hahahaha

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom