• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • -Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    No way in hell that stands up to judicial review. They should know that too. They're just wasting the state's money on the court case that will follow.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    No way in hell that stands up to judicial review. They should know that too. They're just wasting the state's money on the court case that will follow.

On it's face you would think that. But don't forget who their Federal Circuit is, The Naughty Ninth, the most liberal circuit in the country. And there's no guarantee SCOTUS will hear an appeal in five or six years when it makes it to them.

Lloyd

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2012
    FEMA Camp
    regulate mechanisms, called “bullet buttons,” that allow the quick replacement of ammunition magazines on semiautomatic rifles. - PATRICK MCGREEVY, LA Times

I thought bullet buttons did the exact opposite.

edhallor

Feb 23, 2010
    Aberdeen
    Cali sliding towards banning ALL semiauto rifles that can accept a detachable magazine. Bill still has to get through their House, but looks like it has a good chance of passage.

"No folks, we don't want to ban everything. Just those evil assault rifles. We promise!"

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/p...e-approves-gun-bills-20130529,0,4224140.story
    Legal or not it's things like this that prevent me from selling to our Calif. Brothers in any way, shape or form. What a kick in the face to an entire State by a bunch of Pot Smoking wanna be Hippies
    Ed

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    On it's face you would think that. But don't forget who their Federal Circuit is, The Naughty Ninth, the most liberal circuit in the country. And there's no guarantee SCOTUS will hear an appeal in five or six years when it makes it to them.

If the 9th circuit doesn't follow the "in common use" standard set by the Heller decision, I'd think SCOTUS would be compelled to hear the case if for no other reason than to put the lower court in their place for not following the precedent.

Good. They need to do this here, too. And in the other "ban" states, too. Start with just semi's, prior to an all-out ban on everything. They need to establish a working precedent, of course... I feel bad for you guys that are gonna be stuck here in MD, but them's the breaks. It won't be long, anyway...

At this point, anything that speeds up the inevitable future that IS coming to this country, I'm all for. I want it to get started while I'm still young enough to accomplish some things, and if I live through it, I wanna see where it goes afterwards.

Guns bans? Q.E.4,5,6,7....? Immigration? Insolvency? Inflation? BRING IT!!!

The only way to save the village is to destroy the village.

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    Thankfully the scourge of .22 caliber assault weapons and other dangerous detachable magazine fed semi-automatic assault weapons has finally been put out to pasture by the state legislature of California. To think, there will be no more gun violence there ever again. Hooray for California.

RwWilly

Jan 1, 2013
    Harford, Kingsville
    Don't forget they passed a $50 fee and a background check for ammo purchase. Also requiring the state DOJ to inform local LE's when someone buys more then 3000 rds of ammo. Makes me wonder how the DOJ would know when the ammo is bought?

Feb 28, 2013
    If the 9th circuit doesn't follow the "in common use" standard set by the Heller decision, I'd think SCOTUS would be compelled to hear the case if for no other reason than to put the lower court in their place for not following the precedent.

But haven't other states had AWB's for years now without challenges?

abean4187

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2013
    No possibly way this will stand in court. The next 5-10 years is going ot be very interesting when it comes to gun rights.

aireyc

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Good. They need to do this here, too. And in the other "ban" states, too. Start with just semi's, prior to an all-out ban on everything. They need to establish a working precedent, of course... I feel bad for you guys that are gonna be stuck here in MD, but them's the breaks. It won't be long, anyway...

At this point, anything that speeds up the inevitable future that IS coming to this country, I'm all for. I want it to get started while I'm still young enough to accomplish some things, and if I live through it, I wanna see where it goes afterwards.

Guns bans? Q.E.4,5,6,7....? Immigration? Insolvency? Inflation? BRING IT!!!

The only way to save the village is to destroy the village.

I agree 100%.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom