• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Oct 21, 2008
    St Mary's
    Wow, just wow.... Just remember folks how we're walking right down the same garden path that California is.
    Got someone in your home who did something stupid in their youth? standby for ze polizei to show up.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    antis are going say that they are only going to confiscate them from people who should not have them. the police will say they need to be well armed because there are guns. La Pierre will say here comes the jack booted thugs to your door. None of this ends well, some LEO will get killed because they are confiscating them from people with mental illness. The only winners will be the guns and ammo dealers, lol.

Second Amendment

Ultimate Member
    May 11, 2011
    "The agents, working for the only state-level program to confiscate illegal firearms from owners"

More to come, I'm sure.

RugerRedbone

Jan 19, 2013
    Forest Hill
    Just saw this on drudge, it says in the article that becoming prohibited after the purchase is not enough by itself for probable cause. They MUST have a warrant or talk their way in. Remember that.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Merely being in a database of registered gun owners and having a “disqualifying event,” such as a felony conviction or restraining order, isn’t sufficient evidence for a search warrant, Marsh said March 5 during raids in San Bernardino County. So the agents often must talk their way into a residence to look for weapons, he said.

wow, you know i only skimmed the article but now i realize that they don't even have a warrant.

and who is Sam Paredes:

Sam Paredes, executive director of the Folsom-based advocacy group Gun Owners of California, praised the program, though not how it is funded.

the only possible reason that the "Gun Owners of California" praises this program is the fact that it makes them look prescient.

Dirichlet

Jan 3, 2013
    Yep. What I take away from this article is to let no officer of any type or rank into my home, for any reason, unless they have a warrant. Who knows what type of 'disqualifying event' they can (or will try to) find on you... :mad54:

MH1

I call shotgun
    Mar 7, 2013
    Middle River, MD
    HOLY SHIT

Dont even leave the door open when an officer comes knocking. Set outside and close it behind you if you have to talk.

axshon

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2010
    Howard County
    “Very, very few states have an archive of firearm owners like we have,” said Wintemute, who helped set up the program.

Good thing it's not a gun registry though... like the one they will have here soon.

Keep in mind also all the shiny new 'safe storage' laws. All an LEO in your home needs is to see something that looks like it might break a law and that could be reasonable suspicion for a detailed search. Any legal or LEO types please correct me if I'm wrong about that.

nedsurf

Ultimate Member
    Feb 8, 2013
    The woman stated she was on an involuntary psych. hold. and a nurse exaggerated her condition. If that is all true and that is the justification for putting her in banned status, that is a very slippery slope with many health professionals having singular power to take away 2A rights.

axshon

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2010
    Howard County
    The woman stated she was on an involuntary psych. hold. and a nurse exaggerated her condition. If that is all true and that is the justification for putting her in banned status, that is a very slippery slope with many health professionals having singular power to take away 2A rights.

Some medical professionals and politicians are VERY vocal about the idea that just wanting to have a gun is a mental condition...

Tac22

Aug 20, 2011
    I am not against the fact that they are seizing weapons from convicted criminals, since that in itself it the problem we are having with 2-3 time offenders. However I do have a issue with the law pertaining to the mental case aspect since it's a much broader situation. I feel they should be allowed to plead their case rather then instant gun grab against them. As any entry to a house these cops must have warrants, so it's not as some folks are perceiving this to be as a 3am kick in the door give me all your shit with no reasonable cause.

fleaman64

Ultimate Member
    May 12, 2011
    Chicken sh*t bully Nazis! The only legal way to take their firearms is by DUE PROCESS!!

The article did not indicate the women in question was adjudicated mentally defective. She was committed against her will which means someone else, like some gubmint "expert" said she was a danger. But after two days, she's no longer a danger?

This is heavy handed tyranny at its finest and the "useful idiot' DOJ cops are probably getting their jollies while hiding behind some type of immunity for their actions.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010

I'm a little uncomfortable with the nurse's role here. I work with them daily (use to be one)- good at doing nursing, not so good at evaluation, diagnosis and critical thinking. Their opinion on a pts. condition should not carry a lot a weight either practically or legally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom