• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Clump

Sep 19, 2008
    Felton, DE
    I subscribe to Senator Dave Lawson's news letter. This lovely tidbit was in yesterday's edition:
    Screenshot 2022-12-14 074059.jpg

These SOBs are starting to make me miss Maryland!

leakytire

Aug 1, 2022
    Greenwood, DE.
    I don't know what to say. As a Delawarean, I am frustrated by our one-party legislators and 'little dick tater' governor, but this is what you get when the local GOP is in bed with the Democrat Communist Party

delaware_export

Ultimate Member
    Apr 10, 2018
    not to apply logic or anything like that, cause you know….

what green energy power does Delaware have?

solar? Wind? Tidal? Hydro? Have they moved to anything green?

everything IN Delaware I’ve heard of was coal, gas, and maybe the landfill trash to steam… if my memory serves correctly. No nukes IN state, technically, though visible. At least at the commercial level.

where’s the charging coming from?

yeah, I’ve been gone for a while. So maybe there are green sources these days I am not aware of.

fishgutzy

MDS Supporter
    Aug 25, 2022
    AA County
    When the people realize that the goal of EV mandates is the elimination of 80-90% of all privately owned vehicles, the masses will force the 100% repeal of all EV mandates.
    This is entirely about controlling the masses. It has nothing to do the imaginary climate crisis.

Racinready300ex-2

Apr 10, 2020
    When the people realize that the goal of EV mandates is the elimination of 80-90% of all privately owned vehicles, the masses will force the 100% repeal of all EV mandates.
    This is entirely about controlling the masses. It has nothing to do the imaginary climate crisis.

I don't think that's true. As it rolls out slowly, people will decide to not own cars and feel like they're still free to make their own choices.

But for sure this is the goal. Everyone with a brain can see EV's aren't scalable to replace gas cars. The only option is going to be less cars, which is going to mean public transit, renting, or ride sharing etc. Those annoying electric scooters are the test bed for doing it with cars. How's it go? You'll own nothing and you'll be happy.

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    not to apply logic or anything like that, cause you know….

what green energy power does Delaware have?

solar? Wind? Tidal? Hydro? Have they moved to anything green?

everything IN Delaware I’ve heard of was coal, gas, and maybe the landfill trash to steam… if my memory serves correctly. No nukes IN state, technically, though visible. At least at the commercial level.

where’s the charging coming from?

yeah, I’ve been gone for a while. So maybe there are green sources these days I am not aware of.
    There is 1 UD test windmill in Lewes, DE.
    There is plenty of solar.
    There is a chicken manure to power digester planned for Georgetown and/or Seaford. Since there is now a market for chicken manure (due to fertilizer shortages) these may be delayed.
    There are no Nuclear power plants in DE. Salem NPP is across the Delaware River in Salem, NJ. It is part of the PJM power grid that serves DE.
    PJM operates the Indian River Power Plant (Coal). It was originally slated to convert to LNG but then shelved due to costs. It was to be shut down in May 2022 but then that was shelved due to lack of spare capacity in the grid. It is scheduled to remain online until at least 2026.
    A 200 acre solar farm is under construction in Smyrna. There are also ones in Georgetown/Milford/Dover to name a few.

As for the "charging", who knows. The clowns that live in NCC and Kent counties are the states dicktaters. We are also seeing a huge influx of NY/CT/MA transplants invading Sussex county.

This is the same state that voted against offshore wind power. Dickheads.
    There are 2 planned offshore wind projects, Skipjack/Orstead and US Wind farms off the coast of DE. They are in Federal waters so the states have little say.

When did this vote take place in DE?

Last edited:

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    The island where the Salem nuclear plant is is technically in Delaware. Jersey didn’t want it, but Delaware forced it on them because the actual border says the high tide mark on the shore of the Delaware Bay. All islands in the Delaware Bay are in Delaware.

fishgutzy

MDS Supporter
    Aug 25, 2022
    AA County
    I don't think that's true. As it rolls out slowly, people will decide to not own cars and feel like they're still free to make their own choices.

But for sure this is the goal. Everyone with a brain can see EV's aren't scalable to replace gas cars. The only option is going to be less cars, which is going to mean public transit, renting, or ride sharing etc. Those annoying electric scooters are the test bed for doing it with cars. How's it go? You'll own nothing and you'll be happy.
    It is not really a choice when a private vehicle is cost prohibitive. Public transit will always suck in the US. We do not live like sardines pack in a can here like most of Europe.
    I used to live in Boston, not far from the end of one line. I worked at the end of a commuter line. It took 2-3 hours each way by transit. Took less than a hour by car.
    There will never be any expansion of gov't transit that makes it easy for people to live wherever they wish. Only private transportation affords that liberty.

leakytire

Aug 1, 2022
    Greenwood, DE.
    Regarding offshore wind, I am not for that! Leave the ocean alone I say. It takes fossil fuels to manufacture and install the wind turbines, so what do you accomplish? and the maintenance? not diesel powered? Birds mammals and fish? it's a fools game in my book. Oh, and the turbines are not built in the USA!

leakytire

Aug 1, 2022
    Greenwood, DE.
    And, as far as the ban on gas powered cars, that will not have much of effect because it's easy to buy a car from out of state. What are they going to do- stop gas stations from selling gas (and diesel)?

Racinready300ex-2

Apr 10, 2020
    It is not really a choice when a private vehicle is cost prohibitive. Public transit will always suck in the US. We do not live like sardines pack in a can here like most of Europe.
    I used to live in Boston, not far from the end of one line. I worked at the end of a commuter line. It took 2-3 hours each way by transit. Took less than a hour by car.
    There will never be any expansion of gov't transit that makes it easy for people to live wherever they wish. Only private transportation affords that liberty.

That's why I said "feels like you're free to make a choice" You think you're choosing but you were forced into that choice like you said.

I don't expect public transportation to improve either. I also don't think the people pushing the idea of a new world order want you to be able to live anywhere you wish.

We're already being conditioned for it. Do we really own our phones? Everyone has one, we use them for everything yet we can't upgrade it or replace the battery so it becomes useless after a couple years. In a way we're just renting the use of them for a short time, then toss it and get another one. Next logical step will be pay a monthly subscription fee to use a phone and automatically swap it for new one when they come out. That's one less thing you own.

Racinready300ex-2

Apr 10, 2020
    And, as far as the ban on gas powered cars, that will not have much of effect because it's easy to buy a car from out of state. What are they going to do- stop gas stations from selling gas (and diesel)?

That almost sounds like a dare. In 6 or 8 years as we continue down this rabit hole it might not sound crazy. Maybe we start with just a sin tax on those who choose that dirty mode of transportation over green EV's. The city folk who don't own cars will gladly vote for that, we could use the money raised to help the children or something like that. I can almost see the campaign adds now.

leakytire

Aug 1, 2022
    Greenwood, DE.
    That almost sounds like a dare.
    Well, I meant in the short term. They wouldn't dare cut off the diesel fuel from the truckers unless they outlaw the trucks. Oops! that's what they are trying to do in Calforny! So, Delaware won't be far behind. But, DE. is such small peanuts in comparison to Californy that I don't see that happening. Our Gov (and his a$$ kissing disciples) have the napoleon complex but, when enough people get fed up we shall vote all of them out of office. The pain level just isn't high enough yet.

wpage

Ultimate Member
    Oct 17, 2022
    Southern Delaware
    Talk is talk and politicians passing laws beyond thier term in office is pie in the sky. The infrastructure for EV is not there and wont be ready for the arbitrary dates.

Are politicians going to magically produce the heavy guage copper high tension lines and generations required for all these dreams?

leakytire

Aug 1, 2022
    Greenwood, DE.
    We already burn fossil fuels MUCH more efficiently than we did just 30 years ago, horse power is way up, much more than needed. The real problem is we all love automotive power- going fast! Our houses are already mostly electric, hard wired to 'the grid'. Vehicles can't be, of course, so portable power storage is needed. This will not win me any friends, but how much do we really need? How fancy, and how heavy of the horseless carraige do we need to go out there and play chicken with other owners of the same? I can think of 6 fatal crashes in the last 2 weeks locally, one of them a 102 year old lady!

Racinready300ex-2

Apr 10, 2020
    We already burn fossil fuels MUCH more efficiently than we did just 30 years ago, horse power is way up, much more than needed. The real problem is we all love automotive power- going fast! Our houses are already mostly electric, hard wired to 'the grid'. Vehicles can't be, of course, so portable power storage is needed. This will not win me any friends, but how much do we really need? How fancy, and how heavy of the horseless carraige do we need to go out there and play chicken with other owners of the same? I can think of 6 fatal crashes in the last 2 weeks locally, one of them a 102 year old lady!

6 fatal crashes that are the result of to much power?

It all comes down to should we be free to choose stupid cars or not. But I guess we could make a case for what we allow on public roads. But still, I drive a car with a 1.0 liter 3 cyl. it's by no means a powerful or fast car. It can still go fast enough to get people killed. With out drastically dropping speed limits I don't see how you can really drop traffic fatalities drastically. I'd hate to need to merge into traffic running 70 mph with much less power than already have.

Electric cars have the potential to be so much faster. I'd love to take a plaid for a spin. People have gotten them to go sub 9's at like 160 in the 1/4.

leakytire

Aug 1, 2022
    Greenwood, DE.
    Don't get me wrong- I used to race on the dirt tracks back in my misspent youth. I love racing. BUT the highways are set up for horse & buggy. Think about it- on a 2 way road, you pass opposing traffic at high speed maybe 3 feet apart? That's just plain stupid. (also off topic)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom