• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bigdaddycoolfm

Mar 24, 2014
    Evening folks, I just took a trip to Cabela's up at Christiana today.. Man could i spend some money there!! I am curious, What are my option in buying any guns there? I know that i cant buy any handguns.. what about the ARs or long guns? also has anyone gone there and bought any large cap magazines (not the paper kind)?

TyFromMD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2011
    Maryland
    I went there with my 22 month old today as well! Nice store. Great selection of reloading supplies. Picked up another powder measure, lee four hole turret, rifle charging die, primer pocket reamer and bullet tray. My daughter love the stuffed moose and fish tank.

They had the following powders in stock that I could see: imr 4198 and 4227, hodgdon 335, h380, 50bmg, and accurate 4064.

Pmags were a bit pricy but didn't need any of those anyway.

Nice store, easy to get to, clean and friendly.

As for buying guns and mags, not sure what their store policies are but you can't buy handguns or MD banned long guns there. If you're going to buy mags, I'd take cash so they don't ask for ID and tell you you can't buy them because you're a maryland resident.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Evening folks, I just took a trip to Cabela's up at Christiana today.. Man could i spend some money there!! I am curious, What are my option in buying any guns there? I know that i cant buy any handguns.. what about the ARs or long guns? also has anyone gone there and bought any large cap magazines (not the paper kind)?

I asked at the one in Hamburg, PA what their company policy was on AR's and selling one to an MD resident. I got the same answer from 4 different people. "We can sell you an AR, but it has to be out of a set of specific models." I assume they are willing to sell us an HBAR, but no other semi-auto AR. I didn't ask about the AR-10 clones, so YMMV n that one.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    I went there with my 22 month old today as well! Nice store. Great selection of reloading supplies. Picked up another powder measure, lee four hole turret, rifle charging die, primer pocket reamer and bullet tray. My daughter love the stuffed moose and fish tank.

They had the following powders in stock that I could see: imr 4198 and 4227, hodgdon 335, h380, 50bmg, and accurate 4064.

Pmags were a bit pricy but didn't need any of those anyway.

Nice store, easy to get to, clean and friendly.

As for buying guns and mags, not sure what their store policies are but you can't buy handguns or MD banned long guns there. If you're going to buy mags, I'd take cash so they don't ask for ID and tell you you can't buy them because you're a maryland resident.

I bought mags at the one in PA, and I bought a firearm at the same time, so they knew I was an MD resident. They let me buy the mags and didn't even blink an eye. Hell, they even let me buy a reactive target, which I promptly gave to a buddy (he lives in PA) when we got to his house, on the way home.

foxtrapper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2007
    Havre de Grace
    They told me some confusing thing about selling HBAR's, but you couldn't take the 30 rounder that came with it. Either BS or the guy telling me was confused. They WILL sell you handguns, but it's up to you to know if its on the roster, and they won't ship mags over 10 rds to MD with the gun. Probably better to go to some place like X-Ring. Or try Gun Bunker in Shrewsbury PA.

And no issues with open carry in the DE Cabelas. Go ahead and do it if you want to. FL and UT accepted by DE for nonresidents for vehicle carry or CC.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    I was going to buy some AR mags but did not have the law on me. Has this been an issue.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    BGOS <---- it's working

I disagree. I do not want to cause myself and the individual at the register, who may or may not care about the 2A, any unneeded frustration. Especially when there are other avenues that can be used. Personally I refuse to shop things where issues may arise about legalities and I have to involve management and still not walk away satisfied. :sad20:

tonioaj

#thepewpewlife
    Aug 20, 2013
    Pasadena, MD
    They don't ask at the register all they ask for is your phone number which you could make one up if you don't want to give them yours and like the guy said earlier i would just use cash.

a1911guy

Jul 24, 2013
    Glen Burnie
    FWIW on Thursday I was told they currently didn't have any MD compliant AR10s but I could buy any other rifle out shotgun and take with me. If I were to buy a pistol they would ship to a FFL in MD. He said they were expecting some MD compliant AR10s soon.

CJB762

Jul 5, 2012
    The ten round mag limit has nothing to do with them being able to sell you a cash and carry firearm. That is only if it is for sale in MD. I believe if it is .308 it just has to pass the evil feature test. When I was up there the salesperson was from MD and had no idea what was legal. He thought all AR style rifles were illegal in MD and was upset he could not purchase one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom