• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • damionkarp

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 9, 2012
    Has anyone received one of these letters yet, or know of anyone who has?

If they are dated August 7th, I would suspect they would be received today, the 10th, at the latest.

My letter will be the one which states my app is on hold. I have yet to receive it though.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    This could prove to be interesting. I (and others) didn't specifically LIST a G&S reason, (other than the "self defense and all lawful purposes"), but did provide documentation showing substantial cash deposits and withdraws.

Now then, if you read the letters, they suggest you provide documentation,...... What if you already have, but (as usual) it doesn't meet the arbitrarary and ever changing criteria.

Seems that there is a possibility (based on the way the letter reads) that people who provided documentation could be denied, while others that did not will be left sitting tight.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    John Lott is high on the short list of well regarded academics who have strongly pro-firearms research.

If two of the leading experts cn use different aproaches , disagree with each other's methodology , and still reach the sme conclusions, it makes our overall position more supported.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Fascinating, but potentionally disastrous.

Two super-heros of the pro-gun community at odds with one another. But both are still arriving together at the same conclusion. Brilliant if this was deliberately orchestrated to keep this issue in the media. I would love to see a Lott-man vs. Super-Gura debate. :)
    To the batcave, quick robin, bring some cryptonight!

batman_vs__superman_by_jim_lee.jpg

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    John Lott is high on the short list of well regarded academics who have strongly pro-firearms research.

If two of the leading experts cn use different approaches , disagree with each others methodology , and still reach the same conclusions, it makes our overall position more supported.

It creates discord in our community, and does not allow us to create a united front. It would be better if we could have the super heroes put their differences aside and be the Superfriends so we could fight evil.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    teratos said:
    It creates discord in our community, and does not allow us to create a united front. It would be better if we could have the super heroes put their differences aside and be the Superfriends so we could fight evil.

John Lott has performed a lot of research.

When the SCOTUS incorporated the 2A, statistical and societal analysis is out the window in the courts now.

Lott's research is still valid for the legislative fights that will occur in the future.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Well yes , in a way it would be. Fine thing if everyone on *our side* all said exactly the same thing , and never disagreed. But it can be easily delt with with minimal spin.

The *Problem* is that Md's gun control schemes are BOTH very Unconstitutional , and very Bad Public Policy .

Gura is a legal scholar , with emphasis in Constitutional Law.

Lott is a Social Economist with expertiese in Data Crunching and Analysis.

Both of them re tops in their field , and only claim modest expertiese in the other's.

Both aproaches show that Md is full of organic fertilizer. Both aproaches are useful to our cause. Certain arguments will carry more weight in various venues.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    Social Science may not apply at the court room level, but it does in the court of public opinion.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    One of Md's primary arguments is * Blood In the Streets * , so the more strongly we can refute , the better.

LCPIWB

Needs an avatar
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 17, 2011
    Underneath the blimp, Md.
    They have good Biblical basis for their arguement, hard to beat.

Ezekiel 28:23
    For I will send into her pestilence, and blood into her streets; and the wounded shall be judged in the midst of her by the sword upon her on every side; and they shall know that I am the LORD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom