• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hdatontodo

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2012
    So. Central Balto Co
    MD is already taking steps to neutralize the effects of the future ruling. One bill will make it illegal to carry in churches, movie theaters, recreation areas, office buildings and other places unless the authority figure for the location would allow it.

So this doesn't fall under separation of church and state ?

Maestro Pistolero

Mar 20, 2012
    Yes. Apparently prohibitions on second amendment activity are permissible while exercising the first amendment to freedom of religion in Georgia. As I recall, the government upheld a prohibition on church carry, even where permission was given. Keep in mind this is private property we are talking about.

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    Yes. Apparently prohibitions on second amendment activity are permissible while exercising the first amendment to freedom of religion in Georgia. As I recall, the government upheld a prohibition on church carry, even where permission was given. Keep in mind this is private property we are talking about.

That's the part I don't understand. One would think that the owners of the given privet property would/should determine if the given property (in this case a church) is either a carry or no-carry area. Not the government.

JustCuz

Non-Expendable Citizen
    Aug 25, 2012
    Hanover, MD
    Come on, guys...obviously, people gather in large numbers in churches, as they do in classrooms, movie theaters, campuses, etc. So, the only way to keep people from committing mass shootings in those areas is to pass laws against guns in those areas. What kind of criminal would go through with his plans to commit mass murder knowing that he'd be breaking gun laws while he's slaughtering innocent people? Give the lawmakers some credit. They's smart!

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    Come on, guys...obviously, people gather in large numbers in churches, as they do in classrooms, movie theaters, campuses, etc. So, the only way to keep people from committing mass shootings in those areas is to pass laws against guns in those areas. What kind of criminal would go through with his plans to commit mass murder knowing that he'd be breaking gun laws while he's slaughtering innocent people? Give the lawmakers some credit. They's smart!

You know they would not want to go on a killing spree if they have to break a gun law in the process. Do you have any idea how much trouble you can get into by breaking a gun law? :shocked:

gamer_jim

Podcaster
    Feb 12, 2008
    Hanover, PA
    Why can't they understand that the mass casualty shootings happen in gun free zones?

My wife says she has to attend training on what to do in case of a shooter. She works at a hospital that even asks police officers to disarm before coming in. None of the security guards have firearms. They have fired a doctor because he was otherwise lawfully CCW'ing. I told her to ask the question: "How can there be a shooting in a gun free zone?". Since her employment contract does not permit her to CCW my advice to her was to grab the nearest fire extinguisher and charge the shooter with it. She agreed that was better then cowering.

m4strmind

Nov 14, 2006
    My wife says she has to attend training on what to do in case of a shooter. She works at a hospital that even asks police officers to disarm before coming in. None of the security guards have firearms. They have fired a doctor because he was otherwise lawfully CCW'ing. I told her to ask the question: "How can there be a shooting in a gun free zone?". Since her employment contract does not permit her to CCW my advice to her was to grab the nearest fire extinguisher and charge the shooter with it. She agreed that was better then cowering.

can your wife carry mace? its not a good solution but better than nothing.

NRA-Benefactor

Defend Freedom
    Feb 4, 2013
    Calvert County
    If the ruling is in our favor, I wonder if MD will reciprocate with other CCW states??

As a Utah permit holder they require you to hold your home states permit if they reciprocate with Utah...

LCPIWB

Needs an avatar
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 17, 2011
    Underneath the blimp, Md.
    If the ruling is in our favor, I wonder if MD will reciprocate with other CCW states??

As a Utah permit holder they require you to hold your home states permit if they reciprocate with Utah...

It has been a while, but I remember reading on Utah website they "know about" Maryland. Something to the effect, in states that are shall issue, you must obtain in your home state. They realize some states are restrictive. Thus the statement they reciprocate with Utah, so untill MD, reciprocates with Utah, not an issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom