• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CronusTRD

Creeper
    Mar 1, 2007
    ]http://www.libertybelles.org/articles/ammocontrol.htm

CA: Ammunition Control
    by Jennifer Freeman

How do you pass a gun registry law without attracting too much attention? Bury it in an ammunition bill. At least that's what the State of California is trying to do.

AB 362 would limit ammunition purchases to 50 rounds per month and would require the submission of a thumbprint and background check before the ammunition could be purchased. That is extraordinary, in and of itself. But there's more. The bill also states:

© (1) The Attorney General shall permanently keep and properly
    file and maintain all information reported to the Department of
    Justice
    pursuant to Sections 12071, 12072, 12078, 12082, and former
    Section 12084 or any other law, as to handguns and maintain a
    registry thereof.
    (2) The registry shall consist of all of the following:
    (A) The name, address, identification of, place of birth (state or
    country), complete telephone number, occupation, sex, description,
    and all legal names and aliases ever used by the owner or person
    being loaned the particular handgun as listed on the information
    provided to the department on the Dealers' Record of Sale, the Law
    Enforcement Firearms Transfer (LEFT), as defined in former Section
    12084, or reports made to the department pursuant to Section 12078 or
    any other law.

(D) The manufacturer's name if stamped on the firearm, model name
    or number if stamped on the firearm, and, if applicable, the serial
    number, other number (if more than one serial number is stamped on
    the firearm), caliber, type of firearm, if the firearm is new or
    used, barrel length, and color of the firearm.

(emphasis added by Liberty Belles).

What is the purpose of all of this? One could argue that restricting access to ammunition could result in a decrease of gang violence. With over 100,000 gang members in Los Angeles County alone, California has a legitimate concern about gang activity.

Unfortunately, the majority of gang members are in the United States illegally or are the children of illegal aliens. Yet, benefits, jobs, and foreign language assistance is readily available in California. The State also has a major problem with jail and prison overcrowding. So convicted criminals are not serving their full sentences. Plus, there's no telling how many crimes are plea bargained to lesser charges resulting in lighter sentences. Why then isn't California deporting foreign-born criminals and building new jails?

California's crime problem has nothing to do with the availability of ammunition. In fact, ammunition is readily available all over the country. Crime rates vary due to a variety of factors, none of which have been linked to ammunition sales. It's as if California is reluctant to blame the criminal preferring instead to blame the criminal's instrument while simultaneously eroding the rights of the law abiding.

One could argue that this law isn't about reducing crime at all. It's about exerting control over the people of California. If the State can't take away your guns, it will take away your ability to use them. California relies on its abundance of criminal activity in order to justify its anti-gun, anti-ammo legislation.

AB362 passed the Appropriations Committee by a vote of 12-5 on June 7, 2007. This bill could pass quite easily unless there is an outpouring of opposition from the people of California. Contact your State Senator to express your opposition.

Jennifer Freeman is Executive Director and co-founder of Liberty Belles, a grass-roots organization dedicated to restoring and preserving the Second Amendment.
    http://www.libertybelles.org
    jennifer@libertybelles.org

ffrobbyrob

Mar 3, 2007
    Finksburg
    ]http://www.libertybelles.org/articles/ammocontrol.htm

CA: Ammunition Control
    by Jennifer Freeman

How do you pass a gun registry law without attracting too much attention? Bury it in an ammunition bill. At least that's what the State of California is trying to do.

AB 362 would limit ammunition purchases to 50 rounds per month and would require the submission of a thumbprint and background check before the ammunition could be purchased. That is extraordinary, in and of itself. But there's more. The bill also states:

© (1) The Attorney General shall permanently keep and properly
    file and maintain all information reported to the Department of
    Justice
    pursuant to Sections 12071, 12072, 12078, 12082, and former
    Section 12084 or any other law, as to handguns and maintain a
    registry thereof.
    (2) The registry shall consist of all of the following:
    (A) The name, address, identification of, place of birth (state or
    country), complete telephone number, occupation, sex, description,
    and all legal names and aliases ever used by the owner or person
    being loaned the particular handgun as listed on the information
    provided to the department on the Dealers' Record of Sale, the Law
    Enforcement Firearms Transfer (LEFT), as defined in former Section
    12084, or reports made to the department pursuant to Section 12078 or
    any other law.

(D) The manufacturer's name if stamped on the firearm, model name
    or number if stamped on the firearm, and, if applicable, the serial
    number, other number (if more than one serial number is stamped on
    the firearm), caliber, type of firearm, if the firearm is new or
    used, barrel length, and color of the firearm.

(emphasis added by Liberty Belles).

What is the purpose of all of this? One could argue that restricting access to ammunition could result in a decrease of gang violence. With over 100,000 gang members in Los Angeles County alone, California has a legitimate concern about gang activity.

Unfortunately, the majority of gang members are in the United States illegally or are the children of illegal aliens. Yet, benefits, jobs, and foreign language assistance is readily available in California. The State also has a major problem with jail and prison overcrowding. So convicted criminals are not serving their full sentences. Plus, there's no telling how many crimes are plea bargained to lesser charges resulting in lighter sentences. Why then isn't California deporting foreign-born criminals and building new jails?

California's crime problem has nothing to do with the availability of ammunition. In fact, ammunition is readily available all over the country. Crime rates vary due to a variety of factors, none of which have been linked to ammunition sales. It's as if California is reluctant to blame the criminal preferring instead to blame the criminal's instrument while simultaneously eroding the rights of the law abiding.

One could argue that this law isn't about reducing crime at all. It's about exerting control over the people of California. If the State can't take away your guns, it will take away your ability to use them. California relies on its abundance of criminal activity in order to justify its anti-gun, anti-ammo legislation.

AB362 passed the Appropriations Committee by a vote of 12-5 on June 7, 2007. This bill could pass quite easily unless there is an outpouring of opposition from the people of California. Contact your State Senator to express your opposition.

Jennifer Freeman is Executive Director and co-founder of Liberty Belles, a grass-roots organization dedicated to restoring and preserving the Second Amendment.
    http://www.libertybelles.org
    jennifer@libertybelles.org

If that passed here I would go to range once a year to make it worth it. 50 rounds a month!! You can shoot that off in seconds at the range.

Deacon51

Feb 28, 2007
    Baltimore City
    I have never fired less than 100 rounds on a trip to the range, and I go at least twice a month, sometimes twice a week and once, twice in one day.

RnRFreak

Forum Cartoon Character
    Mar 3, 2007
    Overlea
    I can't wait until CA falls into the ocean.

EDIT: I wonder how long its going to be before they try to pull this stunt in Maryland.

Last edited:

Decoy

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 2, 2007
    Dystopia
    The only thing this will do is create a black market for ammo, and sad to say most of the customers would be average gun owners. We are being pushed to far. :sad20:

Falkus

Dating Scarlett Johansson
    Feb 26, 2007
    Undisclosed location
    Oh my god, I guess i will have to tell my brothers there since My whole family lives in that state and they are going crazy on this crapola ...

They are going to be piss off when i am going to forward this email to them...

They might end up in VA where I know they can afford it since both of them have a BIG HOUSE near the ocean which their value is around the 750k for 1,500 sq foot house while i have this skinny condo ...lol

TheTruth

Sep 19, 2006
    Interesting. I wonder if reloaders would be affected? Then again - I don't even know if you are allowed to own powder for reloading in the PRC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom