• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tactical Patriot

Jan 22, 2010
    I live in MD, I have a C&R FFL. My cousin lives in NY he has a C&R FFL. Two weeks ago I purchased a couple C&R long guns from an gun shop FFL and didn't use my C&R license because I forgot it. We did the regular NICS background check. My Cousin wants to purchase one of the long guns from me within MD this week.

Can I sell him one and he books it into his log? Do I have to log mine even though I didn't use my C&R license before I sell it to him? What's the best way to handle this sale to my cousin?

Thanks!

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    My understanding is you have to log them into your book regardless if you bought with the license or not.

Then log it out of your book and he'll log it into his.

As for NY law, no idea.

Jul 1, 2012
    Correct, any C&R acquired or disposed of while the license is active needs to be logged in the book (in a timely fashion, I forget the exact time).
    There were a lot of restrictions added with the NY SAFE act so your cousin will have to do some research, esp if it's a semi-auto long-gun. The transfer has to be legal in both parties' states; if it is, it's just as simple as you think, (log in) and log out of your book, log into their book.

Tactical Patriot

Jan 22, 2010
    Correct, any C&R acquired or disposed of while the license is active needs to be logged in the book (in a timely fashion, I forget the exact time).
    There were a lot of restrictions added with the NY SAFE act so your cousin will have to do some research, esp if it's a semi-auto long-gun. The transfer has to be legal in both parties' states; if it is, it's just as simple as you think, (log in) and log out of your book, log into their book.
    Thanks

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Three minutes of searching * seems * to not have any NY State restrictions on recieving shotguns or manually operated rifle ( NYS , outside of NYC ).

But do further due diligence with a N.Y. 2A Org , or other knowledgeable source .

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom