• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • abr10dr

May 17, 2010
    Hello. I don't post much but I read this great site everyday. anyway I'm going to be getting my C&R FFl soon, so I've been looking at guns online, CZ82's in particular, guns on Gunbroker listed by Robertson Trading Post in the fine print
    says

"Please Note that C&R Handguns, as concealable weapons, must transfer through an 01 or 02 FFL in the States of California, Delaware, and Maryland;"

is this just that stores policy?
    Has anyone purchased from them?
    I was under the assumption that guns were sent to your door.

Thanks, Rick

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    That must be their policy. Some dealers, being confused about MD laws, won't ship here at all. I just got a Walther P1 delivered to my door last week. You may try to call them and educate them a bit. Might help, might not.

Last edited:

rstickle

Jul 12, 2008
    Laurel, MD
    If you check the forum, and the C&R part specifically you'll see that a lot of C&R holders have received handguns directly from out-of-state. You may want to look at one of the larger dealers like AIM.

Oct 27, 2008
    Dundalk, Hon!
    The company doesn't want to do the research or doesn't want to have to keep an eye on whatever new laws those idjits in Annapolis might pull out of their butts. I've had three C&R handguns come straight to the house so far, looking at another one right now. Just find someone else who wants to make a sale.

As an aside, I think a lot of confusion and bad feelings would be avoided if customers weren't so shy about asking questions. If there's nothing about C&R on the auction page, I don't hesitate to ask if the Seller will accept my license and ship it straight to me.

abr10dr

May 17, 2010
    Thanks for the replies, I'm going to email them and see what's up. I'll update with their response.

Rick

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    I think the issue for MD is that because the state won't allow 03 transfers within the state, some dealers think that applies to out of state transfers as well.

A lot of dealers don't like the 03 's for handguns because they can't verify them through easy check.

Gunner71

Lone Wolf
    Mar 7, 2008
    right behind you
    I'll second the recommendation for Southern Ohio Guns. Never had a problem with them accepting my C&R. As far as Gunbroker, I have seen several out of state FFL's flat out refuse to ship to a C&R, and I'm talking a long gun (Turk Mauser). Sent them an email, got a reply back that it was store policy. Didn't matter which state, they just refused to ship to C&R holders. So needless to say I took my $$ elsewhere.

mrbule

Jan 12, 2010
    i have bought a handgun through robertson trading with a C&R shipped to my house...
    dont know if their policy changed though...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom