• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • johnkn

Ultimate Member
    Feb 27, 2012
    I hold a valid MD C&R FFL. It's still legal for me to accept a C&R handgun shipped from a non-FFL holder outside of MD, correct? Thank you

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Maryland does not issue a C&R license, do you mean a C&R license issued by BATFE?

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    I hold a valid MD C&R FFL. It's still legal for me to accept a C&R handgun shipped from a non-FFL holder outside of MD, correct? Thank you

There is no such thing as a Maryland Federal Firearms License.

If you mean you have a letter from the State Police saying you are a Designated Collector, then that only allows you to buy more than one handgun a month.

The 03 Federal Firearms License comes from the Federal BATFE. That one does allow you to import C&R eligible guns.

johnkn

Ultimate Member
    Feb 27, 2012
    Geez, sorry guys, multitasking while posting. I meant to say I'm a MD resident with a BATF C&R FFL. Still ok to receive a C&R pistol from a non-FFL holder out of state? I see a number of Gunbroker adds that state "be sure your FFL will accept a transfer from a non-FFL holder"

Sorry for the confusion.

Thanks

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    A lot of people get confused about the difference between the State "Designated Collector" status, and the Federal Firearms License.

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    Geez, sorry guys, multitasking while posting. I meant to say I'm a MD resident with a BATF C&R FFL. Still ok to receive a C&R pistol from a non-FFL holder out of state? I see a number of Gunbroker adds that state "be sure your FFL will accept a transfer from a non-FFL holder"

Sorry for the confusion.

Thanks

The answer is yes. If you have a valid C&R license, a C&R eligible pistol can be delivered directly to you from a seller in a state outside of MD. You, as the FFL-03 licensee have the obligation to record all pertinent transaction info in your bound book.

However, these days if the pistol includes mags > 10 rounds, you cannot receive the mags within MD.

Abulg1972

Ultimate Member
    Be damned sure you ask the seller, BEFORE BIDDING, if they will ship to a C$R holder who lives in Maryland.

Many will not.

I purchased a Tikka T3 Lite in .243 today off GB. It was a great price. The seller said she does not ship to Md and I was angry seeing as this was a long gun. I emailed to confirm that she really meant what she said. It paid off because she said that the disclaimer applies only to handguns. Thankfully I asked. Always ask before bidding OR passing up on an auction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    I purchased a Tikka T3 Lite in .243 today off GB. It was a great price. The seller said she does not ship to Md and I was angry seeing as this was a long gun. I emailed to confirm that she really meant what she said. It paid off because she said that the disclaimer applies only to handguns. Thankfully I asked. Always ask before bidding OR passing up on an auction.

It never hurts to ask. I bought a Savage 99 off of Gunbroker last year and the seller said he would only send to an FFL. I E-mailed him and sent the link to the ATF website where it showed the Savage in that serial number range was C&R eligible. He sent it directly to me.

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006

Glad you were able to conclude this deal successfully. After you've gotten your Tikka, and both you and the seller are happy, you may want to drop her a friendly note and mention that we Maryland C&R holders are absolutely, 100% ok to receive C&R pistols. The only hitch being that magazines >10 rounds must be picked up out of state. We should strive to quash this false rumor that Marylanders are somehow verboten from purchasing C&R pistols, every opportunity we get.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom