• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • eah990

Feb 25, 2010
    Hey guy,

I am sure this question has already been asked. But can someone tell me the process and how to apply for a C&R license in MD. And how hard it is to get, waiting period etc... I think its time to get one and stop paying transfer fees.

thanks

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    The C&R isn't a state issued item, it is Federal. Some folks get confused between the C&R and the MD Designated Collector Status for Regulated firearms. They do two different things, but they both also help empty a bank account.

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    The C&R isn't a state issued item, it is Federal. Some folks get confused between the C&R and the MD Designated Collector Status for Regulated firearms. They do two different things, but they both also help empty a bank account.

Oh how true that is...:innocent0

eah990

Feb 25, 2010
    So the C and R allows you do purchase antique firearms directly. Where as the MD designated collector status just allows you to buy as many guns without time in between purchases, correct?

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    The C&R allows you to buy certain firearms, classified as C&R by the ATF directly, except if the gun is sold in the state of MD. Guns that are over 50 years old are automatically on the C&R list. Certain other new guns can be placed on the list if they fall into certain categories. Like unique or a commemorative edition.

Antique guns, guns made before 1898 are almost all unregulated or controlled.

The MD Collector Status allows you to ignore the one gun every 30 day rule and some other minor stuff.

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    The C&R allows you to buy certain firearms, classified as C&R by the ATF directly, except if the gun is sold in the state of MD. Guns that are over 50 years old are usually (but not always) on the C&R list. Certain other new guns can be placed on the list if they fall into certain categories. Like unique or a commemorative edition.

Antique guns, guns made before 1898 are almost all unregulated or controlled.

The MD Collector Status exempts you from the one gun every 30 day rule and some other minor stuff.

Fixed some things...

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    j8064, thanks for the corrections. Some times I type quicker than the brain thinks.

Found this on the web, explains why some 50+ guns aren't on this list:
    Military stuff has to be prior to 1946, AND issued, that's the kicker, they did that on purpose so AKs will NEVER be on it...otherwise they must be SPECIFICALLY listed, on a case by case basis, based on "collectibility." (i.e., Dragunovs, Makarovs, Russian and Romanian SKSs that are under 50...) There are some FN marked Mausers from 1950's which are NOT CR, because not specifically issued...and they are NOT on the list...

BTW, there are C&R NFA guns out there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom