• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rapture

Total Loser
    Jun 5, 2013
    In the woods
    Anyone know of any central MD IP's whom carry a decent selection of C&R handguns in stock? Not really sure what I am looking for, but I would like to take a look at a few and see what's out there. I am in the Ellicott City area. Thanks.

mgbill

Apr 19, 2007
    Mount Airy, MD
    I'm recommending that you visit this gun shop - with a caveat. The Gun Center, in Frederick, does tend to have a rather large selection of C&R handguns - most in what I would call "good or better" condition. That's what you were looking for, as I recall - a place to look over a decent selection.

The caveat? I consider their prices rather high and they don't seem willing to bargain a bit.

sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    Anyone know of any central MD IP's whom carry a decent selection of C&R handguns in stock? Not really sure what I am looking for, but I would like to take a look at a few and see what's out there. I am in the Ellicott City area. Thanks.

There have been a few at Scott's Gunsmithing (I picked up a P08 Luger there myself). Also, several at Barts last week and a couple at A&D.

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    It wasn't here originally. W/C I think. :)

Ah! Now it makes sense. I thought that the OP put it here to begin with, and he was being nudged to put it in the IP forum. I think it works here, as well as there ... maybe more.

P.S. - I agree that a CZ-82 would be a good thing to buy right now for someone wanting to pick up a first C$R handgun (*giggle* ... isn't it cute when they think they'll only be buying one or two? :innocent0 )

sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    buying a handgun in MD defeats the purpose of C&R. Why should you pay a fee?

In many respects you have a point. However, a good deal is still a good deal. When I bought the above mentioned P08, I thought it a good deal. Also picked up a couple C&Rs from another MDS member. Good enough prices that I gladly paid the $10 fee (just $10 for 2 guns on 1 transfer, BTW). One advantage of buying C&Rs within Maryland is that you can physically handle and see the firearm before buying and fairly often you can get them without the emblazoned import marks. Also, not all C&R are handguns AND C&R are exempt from HQL requirements. I know a couple people are buying only C&R type handguns in Maryland to avoid the HQL.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jlng1984

Latest threads

Top Bottom