• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jmt476

Jan 16, 2013
    So I've been in the market for an old Romanian Tokarev 7.62x25 pistol.....I called my local FFL that I always use and asked the process to have one shipped to them. They said it was just like any other regulated firearm. Is this the case? I always thought it was treated more like a non regulated cash and carry purchase.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    Nope, once a C&R pistol is in Maryland it's treated like any other handgun, except that you will not need an HQL to pick it up.
    Now if you had a C&R license you could order it and have it sent directly to your house.

JettaRed

Ultimate Member
    Mar 13, 2013
    Middletown
    The C&R FAQ:

http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=14616

My question: If buyer has C&R and both buyer and seller are in Maryland, can they drive to PA/WV/DE/VA to do the transfer and avoid the 77R based on the buyer's C&R license?

Or, since both buyer and seller are Maryland residents, the 77R must be done regardless of where the transfer takes place?

If you have a C&R, you must maintain a "bound book" where you record your acquisitions and dispositions. The ATF is the only organization that can inspect that book. I'm not sure if the ATF is going to say anything to the MSP if you show that you transferred a C&R firearm to someone in Maryland.

That being said, you must comply with local and state laws with respect to firearm transfers.

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    If you have a C&R, you must maintain a "bound book" where you record your acquisitions and dispositions. The ATF is the only organization that can inspect that book. I'm not sure if the ATF is going to say anything to the MSP if you show that you transferred a C&R firearm to someone in Maryland.

That being said, you must comply with local and state laws with respect to firearm transfers.

Found this - it answers my question: need to improve my googlefu skills...

http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=73675

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom