• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jim'sKid

Feb 14, 2013
    Mount Airy
    An 03 FFL is really more than just a license to pickup mil-surp rifles and pistols (which I also love, by the way). It also opens you up to being able to buy some really nice old rifles, pistols and shotguns.

My latest addition is a Husqvarna 610 double barreled shotgun. Pictures are below. This is a 12 gauge. It uses 2 3/4 inch shells. Barrels are 28 inches and both are choked full. It was made in 1947, and it is in excellent condition. The shotgun has double triggers and extractors. The bore is sharp and shiny. Lockup is tight both locked and open. Mechanically, this thing is sound. The stock is unbelievably nice for a nearly 70 year old shotgun; the checkering is strong and the wood has nice grain. This appears to have been used very little.

The shotgun is surprisingly light, and it swings real good. Kind of cant wait to take it out to the trap range. Will get some funny looks, but I am interested to see how this old gal shoots. Anyway, hope you enjoy the pictures.
    Pardon my ignorance but what is the importance of the 03 FFL for this purchase? Very nice by the way. Thanks.

nobis1

Aug 5, 2012
    Great pick up, the Husky's are very good shotguns. You are right, the C&R is useful for far more than just military firearms, there are many great collectable sporting guns out there that the C&R can be used for.
    Here is a Husky hammer gun with a Lefaucheux action, kind of weird but works well.

:party29: Augie, that is beautiful. Love the case coloring. Seeing some of your non-milsurp firearms got me looking outside the box initially.

nobis1

Aug 5, 2012
    I'm in for a sxs shoot. It's pretty much all I shoot.
    To the OP, really nice gun and you stole it.

Yeah, I kind of did. The salesman even commented on it. I think it was either going home with him or the price was going up.

As for the shells, it was sold as 2 3/4. Have not chambered a shell yet, but I will check. I use 2 3/4 #8, 3 dram lead loads. This has the "special" Swedish steel, so it should handle that easily.

Oh, and a SxS shoot would be awesome.

Cochise

Ultimate Member
    Sep 5, 2008
    Rockville
    if it has 70 on the barrel flats it is 2 3/4 65 is short.
    The low pressure isnt for the metal its the light load is nicer to old dry wood

nobis1

Aug 5, 2012
    if it has 70 on the barrel flats it is 2 3/4 65 is short.
    The low pressure isnt for the metal its the light load is nicer to old dry wood

It has 70. Gotcha on the stock. When you say low pressure, what dram equivalent you talking?

Cochise

Ultimate Member
    Sep 5, 2008
    Rockville
    dram doesnt mean much. For my vintage doubles I try to shoot 7/8 oz and under 7000 psi. If you plan to shoot old shotguns eventually you will reload. Otherwise look at ammo by RST or Polywad

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom