• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    Mine arrived and I was a little disappointed in that the finish wasn't as nice as the example Xoticbass posted but mechanically it's very sound w. an excellent bore. Guess that's what I get for coming late to the party and the pickings are slim. There was some minor rust to be removed. I'd recommend anyone else remove their grips and make sure there's no rust under them. Found lots of dirt and a little bit of rust under mine.
    Near as my old eyes can make out the date of manuf. is 1956 so it's two yrs older than me (hey, just realized that I'm a C&R!).
    The best thing about this pistol is how nice it fits my small hands. My brother has a Taurus PT92 Beretta clone and the wide frame is too big for my hands. To be honest, the only double stack pistol that fits my hand is the Browning P35. So while this isn't the prettiest M1951 it should be fun on the line!

Attachments

• IMGP5410.JPG
      IMGP5410.JPG
      53.1 KB · Views: 210
    • IMGP5412.JPG
      IMGP5412.JPG
      59.4 KB · Views: 213
    • IMGP5408.JPG
      IMGP5408.JPG
      67 KB · Views: 210

Xoticbass

Feb 16, 2011
    Did you also notice a ton of oil all over, plus a fair amount of grit in the nooks and crannies? Clearly, these have been in service, in the sandbox, for quite a while...

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    mawkie, I'd be perfectly happy with that finish if I were you. A little patina is far better than a pristine example if you ask me. It shows that it helped make History rather than just pass through it. You have a nice looking pistol there!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom