• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sunir

Jul 10, 2013
    UPDATE: I received my Packet of Information From ATF on May 2nd (30 days from the day I sent in paperwork in on April 3rd and 6 days after I got my license in the mail and April 24th) ...these guys move fast, very impressed!

Now onto some questions. Lots going on here in this packet.

1) Do I need to take any action, fill out or send anything out etc....?

2) If no to (1) than is this all just "for my records and safe keeping" ?

3) The Curious and Relics list, is that current or advisable to check ATF's website for the latest info?

4) The letter explains a bit, and although it covers purchasing of non curio and relic firearms as subject to standard process it doesn't say anything about purchasing a Curio and Relic from an FFL or otherwise WITHIN the same state. I am guessing that's covered elsewhere?

- They say on the letter to "provide written notification as specified in ATF I 5300.2, Youth Handgun Safety Act Notice, when delivery is made to a non-licensee" ...what is this about? I thought we just fill out a disposition record in our bound book?

- They also say "Prepare ATF Form 3310.4 Report of Multiple Sale or other disposition of pistols and revolvers, whenever the collector sells or otherwise disposes of, at one time or during 5 consecutive days, two or more pistols or revolvers or any combination thereof, to an unlicensed person" ...what's going on with this, I've never heard this really brought up here on the forum. So lets say I put 2 pistols up for auction and they both sell on the same day then I have to fill out a form and keep that form for my records in addition to making the disposition entries in my bound book?

5) Apparently they backordered on Publication 5300.5CD and ask to call back at later date get this. Any idea what this is?

6) Then an order sheet for some forms. That Form 3310.4 is on there, along with what appear to be a bunch of forms for other stuff that don't apply to C&R holders.

7) then there appears to be a few things that apply to a regular FFL, like an Application, and FFL Firearms Inventory Theft/Loss report OMB No. 1140-0039

8) A little Personal Firearms Record Card with an ATF website business card in there. I was going to make a Personal Firearms Record book for all the firearms NOT inside my C&R Bound book anyway for insurance and record purposes. I am figuring this card encourages that. Looks like they suggest this Personal Firearm Record book be in a format similar to the C&R Bound book, but perhaps more of a description, condition, notes on provenance or historical data, and pictures could be part of it as well (since it's not the ATF Bound book for C&R)

9) A Safety and Security Information for Federal Firearms Licensees...I glanced over it, some of it applies to record keeping and safety bits, but most of it seems more for Merchant FFLs rather than specifically C&R folks.

10) The big white book - Very Official looking - ATF Federal Firearms Regulations Reference Guide, 2005 (surprised they don't have more current revision since Virginia Tech and Newtown incidents). This looks to be the bible of all firearms rules and regulations. I leaved thru it briefly and it looks like they cover everything in it. Black and white, looks like something you'd have to read for a law school class!

budman93

Ultimate Member
    Mar 1, 2013
    Frederick County
    UPDATE: I received my Packet of Information From ATF on May 2nd (30 days from the day I sent in paperwork in on April 3rd and 6 days after I got my license in the mail and April 24th) ...these guys move fast, very impressed!

Dang, I'm still waiting for that dumb packet. :sad20:

edit: got it 5/9.

Last edited:

Stoic58

Jan 10, 2013
    Silver Spring
    Mailed: 05/04/2014

Charged: 05/07/2014

I'm recently retired after 33 years with DoD and I've heard that can slow the processing somewhat. I'm probably listed in a *lot* of databases...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    KD96

Latest threads

Top Bottom