• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • captainstashu

Jan 26, 2011
    Silver Spring, MD
    Hey Guys'

I was just going thru Sarco's ads. They have C&R Colt made Argentine police 1911s; Argentine made 1911s; and, Argentine Blaster Molinas for very low prices.

The Colts are 1933 US made commercial guns; The Argentines are systemos 1927; and the Blasters are of course a big question mark.

They seem like super chep deals for 1911s. Has anyone had experience buying guns from Sarco?

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    Hey Guys'

I was just going thru Sarco's ads. They have C&R Colt made Argentine police 1911s; Argentine made 1911s; and, Argentine Blaster Molinas for very low prices.

The Colts are 1933 US made commercial guns; The Argentines are systemos 1927; and the Blasters are of course a big question mark.

They seem like super chep deals for 1911s. Has anyone had experience buying guns from Sarco?

I've purchased parts (not firearms) from Sarco many times. All those experiences have been fine.

yellowsled

Retired C&R Addict
    Jun 22, 2009
    Palm Beach, Fl
    I have a Argentine Colt Systema 1927(1911a1), prolly my best C&R purchase... All 100% matching including the magazine

Attachments

• a.jpg
      a.jpg
      64.7 KB · Views: 906
    • 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      61.9 KB · Views: 916
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      59.2 KB · Views: 905
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      64.9 KB · Views: 855
    • 4.jpg
      4.jpg
      61.7 KB · Views: 893
    • 5.jpg
      5.jpg
      53.2 KB · Views: 861
    • 6.jpg
      6.jpg
      59.4 KB · Views: 883

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    I'm pretty sure the ballister parts won't interchange with other 1911's, it's been awhile since I looked into one, but I still wouldn't mind having one.

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    I'm pretty sure the ballister parts won't interchange with other 1911's, it's been awhile since I looked into one, but I still wouldn't mind having one.

To the best of my knowledge, the mag and barrel are the only two parts that will interchange between the Colt model and the ballerina molester.

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    I'm not sure, I seem to remember sarco not dealing with md c&r holders.

Bingo! Sarco will not transfer to MD resident using their 03. You'll have to get an 01 to do the transfer for you. I was very interested in getting a Star Modelo B from them when I ran into their policy concerning MD residents. No sale for you Sarco, I can find other dealers who will honor my 03!

jtarpley59

live free or die
    Jan 6, 2010
    Churchton
    Bingo! Sarco will not transfer to MD resident using their 03. You'll have to get an 01 to do the transfer for you. I was very interested in getting a Star Modelo B from them when I ran into their policy concerning MD residents. No sale for you Sarco, I can find other dealers who will honor my 03!

Well that goes double for me as well. Thank you for the heads up.

captainstashu

Jan 26, 2011
    Silver Spring, MD
    Here is the Sarco Shotgun News ad. The Sarco ordering info says all guns dhipped to FFLS only. But later it says ship to FFL and to C&R, It does not say Ixnay to MD.

Captainstashu

MORE GOOD OLE’ DAYS!!
    C&R
    No, we didn’t find these in the warehouse, but just imported them. We were fortunate to acquire a small quantity of these rare commercial Colts that came
    from a police department in Argentina. This is the 1933 Colt commercial police contract and we don’t know that any of these have ever come to the U.S.
    before. Here’s your chance to fill that void in your collection or just get a good used .45 shooter. We have processed the first 200 guns and are good to go.
    IMAGINE ORIGINAL COLT 1911 A1’S FROM THE 1930’s
    These are the commercial contract of 1933 for the Buenos Aires Police. They have the “C” prefix serial numbers.
    • 1930’s commercial gun “C” prefix. Serial # range is C170,000 area. Also marked Government Model
    • Marked “Policia Federal” or “Policia De La Capital” – your choice or buy one of each for your collection
    • Original Colt parts including period checkered mainspring housing, hammer & trigger
    • We have retro fitted all guns with excellent condition. Correct original brown composite grips
    • We have replaced the magazines with new production magazines for functionality. If you prefer, we will supply gun with an original
    used magazine instead.
    • For safety’s sake we have replaced all recoil springs & firing pin springs. If you wish & ask we will include the original firing pin spring &
    recoil spring with your order
    Guns are available with an arsenal refinish or in original condition – Please state your choice. Original condition has little or no blue left
    GUN505 Best grade gun – Selected for marking conditions........................................................................... $699.00
    GUN506 Medium grade with markings worn............................................................................................... $599.00
    GUN507 Very worn markings....................................................................................................................... $499.00
    Your choices – A. Do you want original springs extra (no charge) with your gun?
    B. Specify if you would prefer an original magazine with your order (no charge)
    NOTE: We also have a very few 1933 production guns with only Colt markings – No Argentine markings
    ..................................................................................................................................................... $899.00 GUN518
    SYSTEMA COLT MODEL 1927 .45 AUTO PISTOLS
    This is our second variation of our Argentine .45 shipment – These are the guns made under license by the Argentine Factory at Portatiles and are of the
    highest quality. Said to be equal to Colt. They are the same as the Colt guns, just made under license under Colt supervision and from Colt drawings.
    These haven’t been available for many, many years.
    We have a handful of original
    • Exact clone of the U.S. made 1911 A1
    Argentine holster for theses guns.
    • Forgings were made of German, British and Swedish steel
    R
    VG-Exc cond...................... $65.00 HOL013
    C&
    • Interchangeable with 1911A1 Colt parts
    G-VG................................. $50.00 HOL041
    • We have replaced the magazine with new magazine for functionality
    • For safety, we have replaced all recoil springs & firing pin springs
    Guns are available with arsenal refinished or original finish – Please state your choice. Original condition has little or no blue left.
    GUN508 Best grade gun – selected for marking condition.....................................................................................................................................$499.00
    GUN509 Medium grade gun with markings worn.................................................................................................................................................$449.00
    GUN510 Very worn markings...............................................................................................................................................................................$399.00
    See above on choices.
    BALLESTER MOLINA
    As an improvement to the 1911 A1 pattern Argentina produced the Ballester Molina. Changes were made in the hammer strut, firing pin stop, safety lock,
    mainspring housing & trigger. Designed and built by the Argentine Co. Hispano Argentina Fabricade Automobiles (HAFDASA). These were marketed as an
    affordable alternative to the Colt 1927 Systema. These haven’t been available for many, many years.
    • An interesting variation for your .45 1911 collection or as an affordable shooter
    • Grips replaced with new or excellent proper Ballester Molina grips
    • Magazines are replaced with new magazines for functionality
    C&R
    • For safety sake, we have replaced all recoil springs and firing pin springs
    Guns are available in an arsenal refinish or original condition - state your choice. Original condition has little or no blue left.
    GUN511 Best grade gun – selected for marking condition......................................................................................................................................$399.00
    GUN512 Medium grade with markings worn.........................................................................................................................................................$349.00
    GUN513 Very worn markings...............................................................................................................................................................................$299.00
    We have about 5 Ballester Rigauds in the pile. If you want one, please contact Mike Wilm and have him put you on the list in order of date received for
    when we find them.
    WHO LOVES CONSECUTIVE NUMBERS??
    We have consecutive numbers in all variations! Original Colt up to 3 - Ballester Molina up to 9 - M1927 up to 6. We are not ready to process these yet but
    contact Mike Wilm with your contact information and we will get back to you. Give him the model and the # of consecutive numbers you would
    like.
    &R NOTE: All of these Argentine guns are C&R eligible. However if shipped to a C&R they must be sent via UPSD overnight (see our gun ordering
    C
    instructions)

kazan182

Aug 3, 2011
    Well I just called them. They refuse to ship any handgun to ANY FFL in MD. So, can't even get it sent to an 01.

They will do rifles but no handguns. CDNN, and I think CTD don't do it either. No pickups either...

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    I'm OK with Sarco, and I'm a big fan of Sistemas (not Systemas) and Ballester-Molinas. What they have now, though, looks like the very bottom of the barrel.

The Sistemas are not 1911 clones. They are Colt 1911s, made in Argentina, with Colt manufacturing equipment and to Colt specs. The factory was set up with supervision of Colt technicians. They are great pistols ... if they aren't worn out.

The Ballester-Molina is a Colt look-alike, but it's built more like a Spanish Star semi-auto. As someone else noted, the mags and barrels can be used from a Colt 1911, but that's about it (some other parts might be able to be made to work). That was by design.

The ones that I'm seeing on Sarco are either really tired looking, or they have gone through an Argentine refurb that consisted of some really aggressive media blasting and buffing, followed by a black oxide treatment. The signage is very weak, and you can see the light "pebble" finish from the blasting. I wouldn't expect much difference from the bores, either. I love both those guns, and have looked at what Sarco has. Wouldn't spend the money.

Robertsons has some Ballester-Molinas on Guns America (I think) that are pretty much devoid of bluing, and also look pretty tired, but they have lots of photos of each one. Some suck, and some could probably have the bores scrubbed up enough to shoot pretty well ... probably very well. They aren't pretty, but most look better than what Sarco has.

The Sistemas on the auction sites right now are outrageously priced. It's a pity. Maybe some more will come in, but the days of finding a nice one for a low price are probably gone.

Attachments

• Army_Navy3.jpg
      Army_Navy3.jpg
      117.2 KB · Views: 394

DJ Paladin

Mar 12, 2012
    This is real cool because I'm part Argentinian and I love 1911's. I'm going to have to get one of these no question. Good find!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Drake1990$

Latest threads

Top Bottom