• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bldgengineer

Apr 5, 2013
    Kent Island
    Anybody know if there's anything special I need to know about buying legal in MD rifles in DE? Cabela's has a half way decent deal on a ruger 10/22 carbine and couple it without sales tax makes it even better so I was thinking about heading up there tomorrow.

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    Cabellas has a MD legal section. You can buy anything in that section. Last time I was there I looked at a few guns. Told the guy I was from MD. He didn't bat an eye. Nice guy.

bldgengineer

Apr 5, 2013
    Kent Island
    That's great! I was actually headed there last weekend but the snow was getting to the point where it was scaring the ol lady so we stopped at middletown for some things. I've never been to Cabela's and was looking forward to my first visit with the kids. Oh well. Glad to here they have a "MD friendly" section. Guess Pickin was right....

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    this is really sad that surrounding states realize how bad MD is.

It is sad. I have had good dealings in PA and DE. Dealers have really been great.

But VA, not so much. The dealers there have been surly and just don't care.

This has been my experience. Yours may be different

roady

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2012
    Eastern Shore
    I talked to a salesman at Cabelas a few backs and if the rifle was made in a MD configuration they would sell it to me. I then asked about the 30 rd magazine and was told if the rifle had a 30 rd magazine they would not sell the rifle to me even if I offered to let them keep the magazine. He then said the MD compliance rifles will come with the 10 rd mags. Kind of crazy since we can buy as many as the 30 rd mags that they have sitting out everywhere.

hammer

Feb 9, 2009
    rifle bedding, need gunsmith

I would like to get a rifle stock bedded.

Can anyone recommend a gunsmith on eastern shore , Maryland. Thanks.

cdriver24

Jan 10, 2013
    Elkton
    Thanks I did not know that. I have been to Cabela's numerous times and just figured they are in DE and it would be a hassle having something come through a shop in MD. Does this also apply to handguns?

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    Thanks I did not know that. I have been to Cabela's numerous times and just figured they are in DE and it would be a hassle having something come through a shop in MD. Does this also apply to handguns?

A handgun purchase has to go thru a MD FFL.

Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    I talked to a salesman at Cabelas a few backs and if the rifle was made in a MD configuration they would sell it to me. I then asked about the 30 rd magazine and was told if the rifle had a 30 rd magazine they would not sell the rifle to me even if I offered to let them keep the magazine. He then said the MD compliance rifles will come with the 10 rd mags. Kind of crazy since we can buy as many as the 30 rd mags that they have sitting out everywhere.

Yep.

The last time I was up there I heard a sales girl telling a MD guy looking at a standard Mini 14 with 20 round mag, that he would have to order one with the 5 round mag and buy the 20 round mag separately in store. She even told him it was the same rifle and the only difference was the mag it came with.

What's probably worse is that the guy didn't question this and was going through with it.

pjd832

Jul 26, 2012
    Yep.

The last time I was up there I heard a sales girl telling a MD guy looking at a standard Mini 14 with 20 round mag, that he would have to order one with the 5 round mag and buy the 20 round mag separately in store. She even told him it was the same rifle and the only difference was the mag it came with.

What's probably worse is that the guy didn't question this and was going through with it.

I've had the "discussion" with them to the degree of pulling up the statue on line and having management read it and trying to rationalize the wording of it with them ...to no avail... We are talking retail sales/middle management here ..lol they simply agreed with my interpretation ...and said "well that's cabelas policy" to which I said ..."so cabelas not only follows laws...it makes up some of their own?".... They employee said he's tried to work logic in from his side on them splitting mags from rifles .... And pinning stocks ($.50 roll pin and 1 minute labor ) for Nj residents but he said "they" say it has to come that way.... Which he and we know is bs... Lol

85MikeTPI

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2014
    Ceciltucky
    Cabelas has millions of annual sales nationally under their FFL, you can't really fault them too much for not wanting to risk that for any fringe sales. The larger issue is why they have to in this crazy anti-gun world.

foxtrapper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2007
    Havre de Grace
    Gun Bunker in Shrewsbury will sell HBARS etc with a 30 rounder- the one it came with. At least they were 2 years ago. When I got my PS90 from them before the new stupid law, they sold it to me with a 50 rounder. But I had to separate it from the gun/box it all came in to drive home to MD, or something goofy like that ( what they told me to do).

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom