• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • southern71

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 23, 2012
    Check Budsgunshop. No sales tax, free shipping and cheapest prices around. They will probably have your local ffl on file so no need to worry there. Never had a problem. Just remember to inspect before you take possession as they will allow you to return it if it isn't transferred. I highly recommend them if you are looking to buy online.

DisguisedRope

Insert clever title here
    Apr 23, 2012
    Check Budsgunshop. No sales tax, free shipping and cheapest prices around. They will probably have your local ffl on file so no need to worry there. Never had a problem. Just remember to inspect before you take possession as they will allow you to return it if it isn't transferred. I highly recommend them if you are looking to buy online.

I second this. I used buds to get my cz and everything went very smoothly. I tried to find it local first but was told no by a couple places and 6 months by another so I went the online route and had it in my hands in a couple weeks.

hdatontodo

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2012
    So. Central Balto Co
    southern71 said:
    Check Budsgunshop. No sales tax, free shipping and cheapest prices around. ...

I third this.

Got an S&W M&P 22 shipped to Baltimore's Best Pawn in Finksburg who charged a $40 xfer fee. When I told them I was interested in a S&W M&P 9c Compact, they wanted to give me a price. They finally just told me to order it from Bud's, and that they are raising their xfer price to $50. However, Buds cheap shipping, good price, and no tax help offset this.

By the time I got back online with Bud's, they were sold out, but I found it (cheaper) on grabagun.com who also had BBP's FFL already on file. They are just a few miles from my house.

Try Kittery Trading Post. They're an actual bricks-and-mortar place up in Maine, sort of like Cabela's but not a chain, and with more reasonable prices. Lots of used and new, plus they're a big dealer for Ruger so they get a lot of SR1911s, if you're in the market. I prefer to buy local, but I've gotten into older S&Ws, which are few and far between around here, and am about to buy one from them.

southern71

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 23, 2012
    Sometimes it's best to check around, buds is not always the cheapest for every transaction. I usually check www.slickguns.com which checks a bunch of sites. For instance, just this random search shows an option that is $56 cheaper than buds for the same gun. http://www.slickguns.com/product/springfield-armory-model-xdm-45-auto-38-compact-black-52900 (also no sales tax and free shipping)

Just checked out your link and found that it is out of stock with what looks like a date of Feb 2012. I agree that shopping around is the best policy but I can tell you that Buds is a reputable and reliable source. I will gladly pay an extra couple of bucks to get their level of service. I ordered a handgun last Saturday evening (around 11PM or later) from Buds and it showed up at the dealer on Tuesday morning. I got a call from my awesome FFL (AllPawn), went down and inspected the handgun and filled out the paperwork. I really like that level of service therefore I promote them. If you can find a better all around deal then go for it. I will use that site from now on to see how they compare and if there are cheaper sources I will give them a try. Thanks for the info zmayhem.

Baccusboy

Teecha, teecha
    Oct 10, 2010
    Seoul
    Do a lot of research on what you're buying. My S&W SC1911 Bobtail came with a scratch in the side of it. I don't think it was shipped that way, because the mags came loose in the case. After looking it over, it was obvious that S&W's case didn't provide enough hold for the mags, and they floated in shipping, damaging the gun. Later found others online had the same issue.

This is just one example of stuff that can happen which may make if worthwhile to buy local, if you can. My S&W was hard to find anywhere, at the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Comotion357

Latest threads

Top Bottom