• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I'd like to buy more space in my PM box via donation to the site. Any way the admins could make that happen?

I do a ton of wheeling and dealing here, and I'd like to not have to blow away all my messages so often.

Numidian

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 25, 2007
    Shrewsbury, PA
    Just save them to a word file whenever your box fills up. I have a folder for every forum I'm on. I have PM's dating back to around 2008 or maybe even earlier.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    I'd be in, if it comes to pass.

Seth

Sep 17, 2013
    Bump... this should be a thing. Worrying about inbox space shouldn't exist, servers are much cheaper than ever to be but message limits have stayed the same on BB.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Premium membership (paid) as a whole should be thing. It would keep some of nonsense out of the WC and Classifieds (newbs running up posts to gain access).

If you want ALL the features of site, you pay, if not,.... basic access.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Just save them to a word file whenever your box fills up. I have a folder for every forum I'm on. I have PM's dating back to around 2008 or maybe even earlier.

I'd like to know how to do this as my box always fills up and I have to dump PMs I'd like to have access to. I'd pay more for more space also.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    I'd like to know how to do this as my box always fills up and I have to dump PMs I'd like to have access to. I'd pay more for more space also.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-02-08 at 5.21.32 AM.png
      Screen Shot 2014-02-08 at 5.21.32 AM.png
      7.4 KB · Views: 171

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Yea I am not sure why they dont offer a premium membership as a way to help fund upkeep costs. Most forums do that.

Because the entire mission of this community was to provide it as a service to the people of Maryland and not as for profit or paid service.

That's the reason there hasn't been banner ads or two-tiered memberships.

I've actually always hated that about many other forums. Take a look around some of those forums at the way that "Premium" or "Team" members treat the "freeloaders" and tell me if that's the way that we want to go here.

The financial aspects of this community are handled through four primary means:

1. DD214's pocket
    2. The Industry Partners program
    3. Donations
    4. Gear sales through the store.

As long as we are able to fund the community without charging people, we are going to do it.

Yes, I do realize that we're not really discussing paying to be a member, but rather paying for an additional service (meaning additional PM space, etc), but to me it is a philosophical line that as of today 2/8/14, I don't think we're ready to cross.

Not taking it off of the table, but for now paid memberships aren't somewhere we are going.

shaddydan

ADHD chicken fighter
    Oct 22, 2010
    Hydes
    Pay forums really have their share of bullies based on what you or you paid. It's nice we are all on a level playing field....unless of course you're a 2013r:D. JK

Skins_Brew

loves the smell of cosmo
    Mar 4, 2009
    moйтgomeяу сoцйту
    Because the entire mission of this community was to provide it as a service to the people of Maryland and not as for profit or paid service.

That's the reason there hasn't been banner ads or two-tiered memberships.

I've actually always hated that about many other forums. Take a look around some of those forums at the way that "Premium" or "Team" members treat the "freeloaders" and tell me if that's the way that we want to go here.

The financial aspects of this community are handled through four primary means:

1. DD214's pocket
    2. The Industry Partners program
    3. Donations
    4. Gear sales through the store.

As long as we are able to fund the community without charging people, we are going to do it.

Yes, I do realize that we're not really discussing paying to be a member, but rather paying for an additional service (meaning additional PM space, etc), but to me it is a philosophical line that as of today 2/8/14, I don't think we're ready to cross.

Not taking it off of the table, but for now paid memberships aren't somewhere we are going.

It's not really a "pay for MDS" model though. It's "pay for extra features I want." Hell, if anything, charge for more PM space and donate the revenue to MSI. I suppose having MDS be a MSI funding vehicle could be hairy though.

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Apparently I'm more computer stupid than I thought. I can't figure out how to get to these options. Tired of pushing buttons with no luck.

go to your inbox.

check off the messages you want to archive

go to the bottom of the screen

use drop down to select the export.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    go to your inbox.

check off the messages you want to archive

go to the bottom of the screen

use drop down to select the export.

Yep, this.

You'll see a few options to save your messages. I recommend for you, just save them as text (.txt). Remember where you put them, then while they are still highlighted, select 'delete'.

Repeat this process for both your inbox and outbox.

Might sound difficult, but it really isn't; after you do it once, will be a piece of cake. Maybe I can find a short video for you, or if you are local, I could show you a few neat things on this forum.

-----------

This is the best firearm forum on the Internet.
    Great people running it, very helpful information, genuine comradory among many of us, no advertisements, and its FREE. You can help keep it this way by supporting the Industry Partners that contribute here, buy some MDShooters gear, or make a donation. I try to get in on MDShooters group buys when they are run to support the site.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom