• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pop-gunner

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2008
    Consider they find some reason to prevent you from getting an HQL. You bought and paid for the gun, then you can never take possession. Now what do you do?

See if the FFL you purchased it from will take it back, then pay the FFL you were going to use for the transfer S&H to send it back for you.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Extremely high probability that if you walk into LGS , purchase from his inventory , pay in full, they would be most pleased to hold it until your HQL arrives .

If your HQL doesn't come thru , then you will learn all about * Restocking Fees * , and start another thread on MDS griping about them .

Mightydog

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Maybe his “purchase” will be like the OP....make 2 posts in 10 days and “disappears”. Probably started another thread under another alias asking about being able to purchase a AR 15 with a drug conviction. Just wondering.

pop-gunner

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2008
    It was at one point. I can attest to that. I can also attest that they changed their policy.

You are correct. Policy changed in Nov. 2013.
    It was a whole new world to the dealers on Oct. 1, 2013 and some lawyers wanted to make darn sure their clients were in compliance.

Apr 17, 2020
    Since the OP left, I'll continue his place. I'm in the same boat. Filed my HQL exemption (prior military) and it's pending. Going to see this morning if the IP near me will accept a sale from TX while my HQL gets approved.

Apr 17, 2020
    I was looking at the SAR9 but just looked this morning and it's sold out at the online store I was getting it. Soldout everywhere

Kalinka63

Dieu et mon droit
    Update on buying from Bass Pro: I re-placed the order online (there was a problem with their inventory control, which is why my original order was cancelled. Verified with the store manager that I could pick up the gun within a month, he said till mid-July. Still waiting on the HQL (and then the 77R) but at least the firearm is waiting for me.

Apr 17, 2020
    Finally got my SAR9 delivered to my FFL last week. I was able to buy it from Buck and James in IN. Awaiting my HQL card now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom