• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cb1980

Jul 25, 2016
    I think given the current landscape, it is time to pick up another AR while the getting is good, I have asked in the past and had great recommendations, so asking again.

looking to buy not build
    looking to stay around $750ish
    not locked into a specific brand (currently own an LWRC)
    free float or not is not important
    figuring a mid grade or better rifle that I can just shoot out of the box (minus adding an optic or possible back up sights)

thoughts? suggestions?

thanks as always :patriot:

Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    I have one suggestion. Depending on the twist of your barrel, you may want to choose something different. I have a setup in 1:7, 1:8 and 1:9. Use faster twist for heavier bullets.

On another note, maybe check out a Colt 6721 HBAR for about $900.

cb1980

Jul 25, 2016
    thanks for the suggestion, $900 is doable for a Colt, if I can find one, seems a lot of shops are out of AR's entirely or very limited supply.

I did see a MD complaint armalite AR with the MFT minimalist stock and came with A2 front sight and rear back up sight and that kind of piqued my interest but can't find it available anywhere or any solid reviews.

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    Find yourself an older police trade in Colt. Cheaper than the new made comparable model and probably built better too. I paid $750 for mine a year or two ago and it's actually given me no problems so long as I use good magazines. There was one at the York show last weekend for $800. Plus, being a Colt, it's only going to go up in value.

dreadpirate

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2010
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    A Colt AR6721 is also a nice rifle. They seem to be scarce around here, but they can be found on GunBroker.com

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/753591204.

Will be about $900 once you pay all fees. If you can find a local FFL that has one for sale that would be more convenient.

I have heard mixed reviews on a used LE AR. Some are in good shape, some have been run hard. Unless you just want an AR with the LE markings (would not blame you), I would get a new or lightly used.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    DreadPirate is right. A LE Trade In is a nice gun, but it will likely need some parts changed. Not all of them were maintained well.

quad

Another Hooligan
    Mar 31, 2011
    Allegany County
    Windham makes quality rifles, especially for the price. I had one, can't say a bad thing about it. If you're gonna find a Colt 6721, ya might want to buy one asap as they are getting scarce. There were 3 at 2 local shops a week ago. I managed to snag one before they were gone. Apparently Colt quit making them.

cb1980

Jul 25, 2016
    thanks for all the feedback and suggestions, definitely helped me narrow down the search, guess it is time to start looking at IP's and see what can be had

bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    Contact IP. hog sniper. High rock outfitters.
    Go to hanover, pa, get a great gun with 30 rnd mags, and eat chili woofers at texas hot weiner lunch (really).

And don't dismiss this ..... One of the best IPs on the board and an overall great guy. Also can get you mags if you talk to him early enough, and arrange to pick up with your rifle. Longer drive, however go in the spring, and enjoy the free world's return to spring. You won't regret it. Regarding the hot weiner lunch, I have heard a lot about it, but never partaken. If ERUBY says its good, then its GOOD. ;)

Mightydog

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Contact IP. hog sniper. High rock outfitters.
    Go to hanover, pa, get a great gun with 30 rnd mags, and eat chili woofers at texas hot weiner lunch (really).

+1, had a Colt Hbar with my name on it then found out wife has to have vein surgery. No problem with him at all. Hopefully he’ll have another Colt Hbar w/factory 30rd mags for me in the future. A little drive from my location but nice to visit FREE AMERICA!!!

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    thanks for all the feedback and suggestions, definitely helped me narrow down the search, guess it is time to start looking at IP's and see what can be had

Not sure where you are located by A1 Uniform Sales in Brentwood, MD may have Wyndham Weaponry rifles in stock.

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    Is that a 20 inch barrel with a carbine length gas system? If so, how does it shoot? Interesting dynamics going on inside I would think. Any changes to the buffer weight required?

Intrigued now....... :cool:

I'm no AR guy. All I know is it's a Colt "Tactical Carbine". I don't know what the barrel length is but it's less than 20. It has a factory heavy buffer. I guess it's 16 inches or so. Here it is compared to a 20" "Sporter Match HBAR":

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom