• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    I guess my "Gentlemen calm down" post being deleted was Norton's way of telling me to stay out of this thread- so I will.
    Yeah, I lost a meme too. :(
    I wouldn't take any of it personally. It's a work night for him too, and he doesn't have time to carefully prune (esp something redundant with another thread on the forum) so triaged to get the thread on track. Given all the cantankerous, opinionated, passionate, and mostly loveable folks that participate here, it's no easy task.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    I wouldn't take any of it personally. It's a work night for him too, and he doesn't have time to carefully prune (esp something redundant with another thread on the forum) so triaged to get the thread on track. Given all the cantankerous, opinionated, passionate, and mostly loveable folks that participate here, it's no easy task.

Not to mention doing it on a phone while paying attention while actually in the middle of a work event after a 12 hour day.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX

Hehe, i dont take it personally. It added nothing to productive to the thread. It happens, I know.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Not to mention doing it on a phone while paying attention while actually in the middle of a work event after a 12 hour day.

Ban assault phones, especially high capacity phones capable of bump firing comments to the internet. Nobody needs an iPhone to comment on the internet.

For the children and newbs.

Obviously.

wabbit

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2010
    CNN report on this. Also has video of Trunp speaking about it from today

https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/20/politics/donald-trump-bump-stocks/index.html

If you don’t want to give them clicks, his quote is:

“Just a few moments ago I signed a memo directing the attorney general to propose regulations that ban all devices that turn legal weapons into machine guns," Trump said at a Medal of Valor event at the White House, addressing Attorney General Jeff Sessions.
    "I expect these regulations to be finalized, Jeff, very soon," Trump said.
    It sounds more like drop in auto sears will be banned. Bump stocks don't turn guns into machine guns.

Oh yeah I forgot to add, if they do end up banning bump stocks, there won't be any more mass killings. Right?
    :rolleyes:

pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016
    So, the New York Democrat in the White House pushes to infringe on the 2nd Amendment, basically saying Obama was wrong to allowing them, and the OP is the bad guy?
    Seems like a lot of people have forgotten the NRA stating the ATF needs to look at the bump stock legislation after the Vegas incident. That it is in the ATFs hands. Trump is simply putting more weight on the NRAs statements.

Trump is no friend of 2A and he is trying to gain favor from the left by throwing bumpstocks under the bus because there was obviously no bump stock in the FL case. He is saying, "See I'm enacting gun control" without actually doing anything but pushing the issue to Sessions and the ATF like the NRA said to. The left has moved on from bump stocks and is on a full court press to ban ARs, again.

Trump is trying to have it both ways and doing a horrible job at it like he usually does.

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    Trump does things that I don’t like either, but still think of the alternative. Had HRC been elected the bill would have already been signed into law.

We can jump up and down all we want and say never give an inch, but given the choice to allow bump stocks to become a sacrificial lamb vs nationwide ban on AR-15’s or even standard mags, would you punish Trump in 2020 or other republicans trying to hold the line as best as politically possible.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Trump does things that I don’t like either, but still think of the alternative. Had HRC been elected the bill would have already been signed into law.

We can jump up and down all we want and say never give an inch, but given the choice to allow bump stocks to become a sacrificial lamb vs nationwide ban on AR-15’s or even standard mags, would you punish Trump in 2020 or other republicans trying to hold the line as best as politically possible.

Right: Brittle things break under pressure. Gotta show some flexibility.

d_c

Jul 7, 2009
    Texas
    but given the choice to allow bump stocks to become a sacrificial lamb vs nationwide ban on AR-15’s or even standard mags

The Republicans are "in charge" these days. Are you suggesting that they have to choose between a nationwide ban on ARs and mags or a ban on bumpstocks?

Not_an_outlaw

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 26, 2013
    Prince Frederick, MD
    Right: Brittle things break under pressure. Gotta show some flexibility.
    I see no point in being flexible. There is a republican president, republican house and a republican senate. What is the issue here? If he gives on a bum stock, what is next. Night vision scopes, nobody needs those. Polished triggers, nobody needs those. 50 cal., who needs that? Many here would say that can be given away too. After a few more iterations, you'll be begging for a flintlock rifle.

TexDefender

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2017
    The Republicans are "in charge" these days. Are you suggesting that they have to choose between a nationwide ban on ARs and mags or a ban on bumpstocks?

We have a simple majority, and that majority needs to increase in order to make the changes we need.

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country

Not suggesting such, I’m suggesting they want to stay in the majority. That majority is fairly slim and we have elections in 8 months, primaries in some states are right around the corner. I’m sure there are many in safe districts that can comfortably resist any changes to current law. However there are some who are vulnerable. In those purple states it’s a tough road ahead for both republicans and democrats. I suspect that the issue splits right down the middle, so neither side can push their 2a agenda too far.

We absolutely are going to have this issue continually discussed at least until November.

My strategy is to keep writing letters opposing new restrictions and stay optimistic.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    It sounds more like drop in auto sears will be banned. Bump stocks don't turn guns into machine guns.

Oh yeah I forgot to add, if they do end up banning bump stocks, there won't be any more mass killings. Right?
    :rolleyes:

It sounds like anything he'd like it to when they are banned, or not banned.

pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016

I'm waiting to see who is going to be his primary challengers. I'm betting there will be more than 1 stepping up to primary him. If there is anyone running who is pro 2A and fiscally conservative I will vote for them over Trump. I've had it with the daily twitter Trump soap opera.

notfast

Sep 3, 2012
    Bel Air, MD
    There is a republican president, republican house and a republican senate.

In case you weren't aware, politicians don't care about anything besides getting re-elected.

I know a lot of people live in la-la land where they like to believe these elected officials have their constituents best interest in mind, but it's just not true. Over and over we are shown this, yet people continue to throw their blind support behind them.

People continue to pick and choose what rights they are "fine" with being trampled on but when it comes down to it...Republican or Democrat -- they don't care about you or your rights.

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    In case you weren't aware, politicians don't care about anything besides getting re-elected.

I know a lot of people live in la-la land where they like to believe these elected officials have their constituents best interest in mind, but it's just not true. Over and over we are shown this, yet people continue to throw their blind support behind them.

People continue to pick and choose what rights they are "fine" with being trampled on but when it comes down to it...Republican or Democrat -- they don't care about you or your rights.

hes-right-you-know.jpg

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX

w3rd.
    At the end of the day it's a job. Not only does it come with $$$, it also gives that always wanted element of power, whether real or imagined.
    Most people(not everyone) with a great job would sacrifice their personal beliefs and "go with the flow" to keep their job. That's what politicians do. They go with the flow of society in order to keep their position.

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    Just heard T45 on Fox. He asked Sessions to determine if bump stocks are legal under current law. This looks to me to be a punt to Congress that if they want them banned, they will have to legislate it.

He didn't say anything about banning them.

Stagstalker

Jan 15, 2017
    The cesspool of MD
    w3rd.
    At the end of the day it's a job. Not only does it come with $$$, it also gives that always wanted element of power, whether real or imagined.
    Most people(not everyone) with a great job would sacrifice their personal beliefs and "go with the flow" to keep their job. That's what politicians do. They go with the flow of society in order to keep their position.

"job" is their disguise. Career maybe but in reality its their mission. They are an army of communist progressives and their mission is to destroy the 2A so they can then destroy the Constitution. They have infiltrated every aspect of government and the courts. The only way to turn the tide is to acknowledge and treat it like the war on democracy that it is, indite and prosecute these violators in a military tribunal for acts of war against America, Its Constitution and We the People.....other than that, only chaos, war and bloodshed can right this great ship called America.

NoMoreTreadingOnUs

Apr 2, 2013
    Garrett County
    Just heard T45 on Fox. He asked Sessions to determine if bump stocks are legal under current law. This looks to me to be a punt to Congress that if they want them banned, they will have to legislate it.

He didn't say anything about banning them.

My understanding is that ATF, which is part of Sessions' justice Dept, during the Obama admin determined that bump stocks were legal / did not to be regulated. i presume that Trump is asking Sessions to take another look at that decision.

If Sessions decides to reverse the ATF position, it's not clear how that ruling would be implemented. I would think it would be grandfathered but who knows.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom