• WE WANT A DEDICATED BULLET CASTING SECTION ON MDS

• Total voters
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

LGood48

Ultimate Member
    Feb 3, 2011
    Cecil County
    Been seriously considering getting into casting and would appreciate the input from others already involved in a separate forum.

byf43

SCSC Life/NRA Patron Life
    This is why our country if F'ed up now. LOL

Sorry. Wrong analogy.
    Unless I logged onto a different site, this place "ain't no democracy". It is the property of the site owner and we are guests, here.

If "YOU" want to change the site, instead of posting a poll, why not PM the owner/administrator of the site and ASK him to think about it.

IF "I" were the owner, I'd be rather 'ticked off' because someone who isn't paying the bills is trying to run 'my' site.

Just a thought.

Last item of note........ IF this were another site, the owner would have already dropped the ban hammer on individual(s) that try to run/change his site.
    I've seen it happen.

Again..... just a thought.

Jibriel

Nov 7, 2012
    Howard County
    There's alot of guys out here who want to start casting their own bullets, but, when you send them to a forum like CB's they come back with more questions because they are confused about what them guys are tying to explain.

:lol: Yeah this has happened to me several times.

I voted yes, I do not cast, nor do I know anything about casting. But I'm very intrigued by it and I'd love to learn how to do it. Specifically I'd like to learn about alloys, air vs. water cooling, and electroplating.

SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    Sorry. Wrong analogy.
    Unless I logged onto a different site, this place "ain't no democracy". It is the property of the site owner and we are guests, here.

If "YOU" want to change the site, instead of posting a poll, why not PM the owner/administrator of the site and ASK him to think about it.

IF "I" were the owner, I'd be rather 'ticked off' because someone who isn't paying the bills is trying to run 'my' site.

Just a thought.

Last item of note........ IF this were another site, the owner would have already dropped the ban hammer on individual(s) that try to run/change his site.
    I've seen it happen.

Again..... just a thought.

With all due respect you completely miss the point of the thread. You appear to think we're trying to over-throw a government when all we're trying to do is put in to affect a new law. Our law could not pass the house, but, the point is to show a vote for the interest in the new inclusion.

Traveler

Lighten up Francis
    Jan 18, 2013
    AA County
    Seems like a feature request to me. Kind of like asking for a sticky. Management can always tell us to piss off. :D

DocAitch

Jun 22, 2011
    North of Baltimore
    Agree. You are not going to get it unless you ask for it and saying that 93% of respondents are in favor of a casting forum strengthens your request without being obnoxious.
    DocAitch

Franklin

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 12, 2012
    close to budds creek
    I voted no purely because i dont want to have to punch one of yall in the face for putting your hand in my cookie jar. Furthermore it would be very akward if i either had to help you off the ground or you didnt even flinch at impact resulting in my feet hitting my own ass trying to run away.

byf43

SCSC Life/NRA Patron Life
    With all due respect you completely miss the point of the thread. You appear to think we're trying to over-throw a government when all we're trying to do is put in to affect a new law. Our law could not pass the house, but, the point is to show a vote for the interest in the new inclusion.

Sorry...... YOU miss my point.
    I don't think in any shape, fashion or manner, that anyone is trying to overthrow anything.

I'm not voting, because it's not my decision or place to say "yes" or "no" to a new sub-forum.

It's the owner's decision.

IF it 'flies', I'll read and learn as much as I can.
    I know NOTHING about casting.

Again..... Not my decision to make.

coopermania

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 20, 2011
    Indiana
    But But But BYF43 You have to agree with me because I am always right, If you don't I am going to get angry and put you on the ignore list with coopermania.

519 Members viewed this thread and so far 44 have voted yes.
    Wop Wop This rocket never left the launch pad.

SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    Sorry...... YOU miss my point.
    I don't think in any shape, fashion or manner, that anyone is trying to overthrow anything.

I'm not voting, because it's not my decision or place to say "yes" or "no" to a new sub-forum.

It's the owner's decision.

IF it 'flies', I'll read and learn as much as I can.
    I know NOTHING about casting.

Again..... Not my decision to make.

We're not asking for you to make a decision. All we're asking is for those interested to show they are interested and hopefully the owners will see the interest is large enough and allow us to have the new section. The reloading section is very popular and Casting bullets for your reloads is something more guys would pursue if they had a place to find basic information. MDS simply doesn't offer that resource in a dedicated section. We have talked about casting and getting started and some deeper details, but, finding that information on this forum is not an easy task. If someone new came looking for Casting information they would not know that Casting was even an allowed part of this forum. I've had many different guys sending me emails and PM's wanting to know more, direct, specific, details and information and most of my replies have been copy/paste because the information is not available here in an open forum.

SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    Agree. You are not going to get it unless you ask for it and saying that 93% of respondents are in favor of a casting forum strengthens your request without being obnoxious.
    DocAitch

Thanks for that Doc. I've had 4 guys in the past two weeks asking me about the rebirth of the Casting section bill and I explained to them that I would rebuild a thread and simple ask for votes and input of the general members interest in the possibility of a new section. It's not a debatable issue that stands before us on the floor. It's simply an interest venture to let the heads of MDS government know that a majority of members would like to have a dedicated section.

Rockzilla

Ultimate Member
    Feb 6, 2010
    55.751244 / 37.618423
    We're not asking for you to make a decision. All we're asking is for those interested to show they are interested and hopefully the owners will see the interest is large enough and allow us to have the new section. The reloading section is very popular and Casting bullets for your reloads is something more guys would pursue if they had a place to find basic information. MDS simply doesn't offer that resource in a dedicated section. We have talked about casting and getting started and some deeper details, but, finding that information on this forum is not an easy task.

Keep pluggin away...have been asked several times about casting / swaging as mentioned, some forums dedicated to a specific thing has tendencies to get way to involved in details (which can be a good thing) and lose people along the way. It's the site owners decision and I prefer not to get into that. Just keep doin what your doin. as Doc mentioned you don't know to you ask or try.

-Rock

Evil Twin

Jun 13, 2009
    But But But BYF43 You have to agree with me because I am always right, If you don't I am going to get angry and put you on the ignore list with coopermania.

519 Members viewed this thread and so far 44 have voted yes.
    Wop Wop This rocket never left the launch pad.

Just curious. Are you trying to start something here? Just doesn't make sense why you would make what appears, at least to me, to be antagonizing comments. I'm sure that's not the purpose of the thread.

Dec 31, 2012
    I have some basic casting abilities and am by no means an expert but I would like a defined place to ask simple questions that doesn't require me to register and learn to use a whole other site.

It is simply a subcategory of reloading so why are people getting butt hurt over this?

If DD214 says yes then fine, if he says no then also fine.

SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    Just curious. Are you trying to start something here? Just doesn't make sense why you would make what appears, at least to me, to be antagonizing comments. I'm sure that's not the purpose of the thread.

That's Coopermanias style Evil Twin. That's also why the kid is on my ignore list.

Now I'm back to the topic.

SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    I have some basic casting abilities and am by no means an expert but I would like a defined place to ask simple questions that doesn't require me to register and learn to use a whole other site.

It is simply a subcategory of reloading so why are people getting butt hurt over this?

If DD214 says yes then fine, if he says no then also fine.

I have no idea. You know in some situations where guys go to multiple forums, and if they are regular cash / fund Donators to those forums, I guess they feel like they have to go on the defensive about protecting their investment on another forum. I have no idea, but, I have seen already that a few guys don't grasp the concept of what we're asking for in a new section.

You are absolutely correct. It's ultimately DD214's decision and the point of this issue is we're simply trying to show the interest in a section that has some value to the forum.

coopermania

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 20, 2011
    Indiana

Antagonizing not at all, Factual yes. The arrogant narcissistic person that started this thread is trying once again to push the owners of this website into doing something that obviously they don't want. He constantly asks questions from members on this forum and them when given the same answer from the membership he want to then change the way he asks the same question. He will argue until his ears turn blue. His way is the right way and if you don't agree than shame on you.

And then he gets really mad, kinna like a Third grader and puts you on his ignore list.
    722 Views so far in three days and 51 + votes. Still no fuel in the Rocket.
    Woooo Who. I made someones internet ignore list.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom