• K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Opinions?

http://www.bulletbib.com/

Worth a shite or no?

Or should only the military and seafood restaurant patrons have bibs?

Considering I just got up because one of the dogs grumbled and shot off the bed (forcing me to get up and have a look around), maybe I'm more in the frame of mind to look at something like this.

The3clipser

Mister Tea
    Nov 29, 2009
    If I had a handgun, and I had that, I'd look like the world's deadliest, sexiest chef repelling home invaders in my bib and nothing else. The "Dude, where's your pants?!" reaction would sure as hell slow thieves down! :D

JSW

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2008
    Bryansville, Pa.
    those vest will hold up for the average person for a very long time-as far as the terms used- one thing about keepshooting is he is honest and upfront about products he sells. and yes I bought a couple from him.

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    those vest will hold up for the average person for a very long time-as far as the terms used- one thing about keepshooting is he is honest and upfront about products he sells. and yes I bought a couple from him.
    JMHO, but I'd suggest that "the average person" requires exactly the same level of integrity in a device intended to stop bullets as anyone else.

I see no question here with the local dealer's integrity and/or his marketing of used body armor, but used armor itself always bears scrutiny. The stakes seem extremely high to treat this too casually.

"Expired" is indeed a valid term as it relates to body armor, although NIJ studies suggest that proper storage and protection from contaminants extend potential expiration dates. We must bear in mind that the fibers are not only affected by age, but can also be affected by weather and perspiration. If the device is beyond it's expiration date, it's rated performance MAY need to be downgraded and this should be considered. In short, if needed, your device may not actually work if it has expired, been exposed to excessive UV, heat, perspiration and/or moisture.

Holding up under wear is not at all the issue, and while I think that your point is that the carriers are in good shape and durable enough for the weekenders here, which is probably quite true, this is a far second to the real issue. The issue is whether it can still stop a bullet within it's threat level rating. If it doe not, the integrity, durability or appearance of the carrier will likely seem much less important at that time.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    As to the Bulletbib, there was, and probably still is a related product where the (soft) armour folds into something looking like a fanny pack. When situation occurs, it is pulled out, and slipped over head. So the concept of quick access armour for front only is not new.
    This product pushes hard panels, and puts down soft armour. While it's a big world, and there some differing opinions, soft is the overwhelming preference.
    "Expired" time periods presume both poor conditions and constant daily wear , typically 5 years. Usually agencies will replace all the vests when the worst case scenario gets close, even if many were only used intermittently or never. Even if a vest is "degraded" it isn't a matter of sudden total failure, just a gradual decrease in protection. Given that many current trade ins are IIIAs, slightly degraded would still be a II, a still significant level of protection. It wasn't that long ago that IIAs were the norm.

rondon600

Mar 16, 2009
    Why would someone need the Bullet Bib Gun Free Zone model?
    Are they afraid of a stray coming in from the Gun Allowed Zone?

K31

MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Why would someone need the Bullet Bib Gun Free Zone model?
    Are they afraid of a stray coming in from the Gun Allowed Zone?

I assume that this just refers to what kind on pocket configuration it is as in handgun vs. shotgun...

K31

MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county

My comments were just tongue-in-cheek. I was reminded of these Mercedes Benz dealer commercials among others. Maybe Keepshooting could call them "previously owned" instead of "used" and "classic" instead of "expired".

K31

MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    "Expired" is indeed a valid term as it relates to body armor, although NIJ studies suggest that proper storage and protection from contaminants extend potential expiration dates. We must bear in mind that the fibers are not only affected by age, but can also be affected by weather and perspiration. If the device is beyond it's expiration date, it's rated performance MAY need to be downgraded and this should be considered. In short, if needed, your device may not actually work if it has expired, been exposed to excessive UV, heat, perspiration and/or moisture.

Reminds me of when I examined a relative's (and LEO) body armor for the first time. It's tag said that the warranty was voided if the vest got wet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom