• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    @85MikeTPI

Check with him. He is a solid bullet hound. If anyone can find it, he can.
    They are mostly wwii vintage, or a bit after. Loaded in 3006. Used to be able to find pulls that weren't damaged. Haven't seen the projectiles for less than a buck a piece for a while. Used to load em up in 300RUM for kicks.

The 308 was deemed ap handgun ammo and is a no nono for those who aren't manufacturers or cops. I'll say that the Izzy M995 that was around some time back was some really good stuff. As advertised.

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    I don't think anyone can legally sell 7.62x51 black tip.

He probably means he'd buy the 30-06 rounds and pull the bullets to load in some other .30 caliber.
    08s can bring it in and sell it to mil/le or two 07s or 10s for test and eval use. End user certificates usually required by the 08.

If pulling from the old 50s (or earlier) 3006, be advised that the asphaltic sealant on the neck/bullet is some evil shit. Stick em in a jar of xylene or gasoline for a while to soften it up.

Billcw

Ultimate Member
    Oct 26, 2008
    Hanover,md
    Yes 30-06 loaded is fine .. did come across some pilled rounds but they went fast . one of those didnt have the money at the time and when i did they were gone lol I have a few 30-06 black tip but just would like to add more and well try some loads out of my 300 win mag

85MikeTPI

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2014
    Ceciltucky
    I don't think anyone can legally sell 7.62x51 black tip.

He probably means he'd buy the 30-06 rounds and pull the bullets to load in some other .30 caliber.

Selling black tip is OK, you just can’t mfg new AP projectiles .

The only place I’ve seen Lately has been gunbroker, $4/rnd

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    Yes 30-06 loaded is fine .. did come across some pilled rounds but they went fast . one of those didnt have the money at the time and when i did they were gone lol I have a few 30-06 black tip but just would like to add more and well try some loads out of my 300 win mag
    CMP forum is where they show from time to time.
    Expensive now, becuase everyone wants them now and they go fast.
    So you have to monitor the site.

Billcw

Ultimate Member
    Oct 26, 2008
    Hanover,md

Occasionally some show up here as well. they get odd lots of different stuff from time to time. I wish they still had the 5¢ .30 cal tracers like the old days but them days are gone I guess. For that price I could deal with the tar sealant.

blazing lead

Nov 29, 2018
    Cecil county
    WHAT? I'm sitting on some of it. Hmm, tempted to sell some at that price...

I think most reloaders in general squirrel away components like this and since they are hard to come by/ pricey when you do . When our time comes they will hopefully end up as an odd lots selling on one of the forums and not in the dump. That's why I'm hoping my kids listen to my ramblings about all my "treasures and don't just get a roll away dumpster when my time comes. Or I will have one hell of a shoot em up at the range if I can still see $h!t& pull a trigger

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    Midway USA has …

Seein‘ as to how this thread got started years ago with a post about MidWayUSA seems fitting to point out, they’re flush again, now (can’t attest to how “stunning” the deals are, tho):

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom