• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • craftsman_69

MDS Supporter
    Jul 26, 2015
    AA
    Just a heads up that Government liquidations has smaller lots of brass (9mm, 5.56, 308, 50cal and 300 win mag) coming up on the 6th I believe. Both Ft Meade and APG. And as normal the larger lots of brass. I used to get brass this way when at Ft Bragg. If you bid on items at APG there are different access requirements to the pickup site.

BigDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 7, 2014
    Just a heads up that Government liquidations has smaller lots of brass (9mm, 5.56, 308, 50cal and 300 win mag) coming up on the 6th I believe. Both Ft Meade and APG.
    You used to be able to get on base at Fort Meade and buy surplus stuff, everything from furniture, hospital equipment to targets and holsters. 911 ended that as far as I know.

I found this link, the smallest quantity is 105 pounds.
    http://www.govliquidation.com/auction/search?cmd=results&fromsearch=true&words=9mm%20brass&location=MD&sort_column=lot_number&ascending=1&_per_page=30

It is mixed, meaning 308, 223, 9, 40 and 45. Actually it's fewer ammo cans than I would have thought. Like 4 or 5 depending on the weight. Some of it looks like it was sitting outside for a while.

Are military pistol brass primers crimped in?

craftsman_69

MDS Supporter
    Jul 26, 2015
    AA
    They most definitely are crimped in. Especially that South Korean PSD(PMC) head stamp stuff I see from time to time. I viewed the lots at APG and will bid on at least 2 of them. It is best to view the lots in person since they have to state it is mixed if only a hand full of another caliber are present.

GolfR

Ultimate Member
    Oct 20, 2016
    Columbia MD
    Might not be a bad deal if you have a Dillon 1050 with the built in swager. For the rest of us that would have to swage it all by hand, this sounds like a nightmare.

plinkerton

Ultimate Member
    Dec 30, 2012
    Abingdon
    I was reading the auction information on the site and it looks like you go pick it up. For those of us who don't know their way arounf military bases how would you know where to go?

Rockzilla

Ultimate Member
    Feb 6, 2010
    55.751244 / 37.618423
    Have bought from them before, Ammo cans and brass, but be aware some require a End-Use Certificate (EUC).

(here is a snippet)
    An End-Use Certificate or EUC (DLA form-1822) is a statement regarding the disposition and use of Demil coded B or Q items. Buyers of Demil B or Q items agree to complete one End-Use Certificate per sale. GOVERNMENT LIQUIDATION WILL NOT SELL ANY DEMIL B OR Q PROPERTY WITHOUT AN APPROVED END-USE CERTIFICATE. First time applicants for an End-Use Certificate with Government Liquidation can expect to wait a minimum of 60 days for approval. Buyers who have been previously approved should expect to receive subsequent approvals within 3 weeks of submitting the End-Use Certificate application.

Have fun and good luck, the bidding really goes up on the final day or hours, sometimes it is really up there, and if buying take note what is included in the weight of the aucton, ie: pallets, containers, ammo cans, what ever the brass is in.

Yes you pick it up, what ever you purchase, they normally give you a time frame (slot) to pick it up, and where the lot is located
    several purchase was in DRMO Mechanicsburg PA. rented a dock high 24' truck, they will load it in "most" cases, read carefully and
    some things they will state no onsite help, once again read carefully. They will also tell or explain the procedure, process.

When I have purchased brass, I try and get it either in drums (lids attached), cans, boxes, etc, that are not exposed to the weather

-Rock

plinkerton

Ultimate Member
    Dec 30, 2012
    Abingdon
    So you need your papers to get the brass ... it looks like it's easier just to stick to range pickups

So if I bid on this brass and win I fill out the form and then it sits 60 days while I wait for approval, then I go pick it up?

Rockzilla

Ultimate Member
    Feb 6, 2010
    55.751244 / 37.618423
    So you need your papers to get the brass ... it looks like it's easier just to stick to range pickups

So if I bid on this brass and win I fill out the form and then it sits 60 days while I wait for approval, then I go pick it up?
    Pretty much wait, but....
    Register on the site, fill the form out, or request it, best yet contact them, it may have changed, they will get back to you, great people to work with. It's been a while since I have purchased brass, I'd even have to check and see as a previous buyer what I would have to do, wish I could give you better details. It's not that hard really once you get the EUC out of the way. Bid win, send form, wait for pick up time (slot),go get it, done. Ammo cans are a lot easier, bid, win,bill of sale is sent to you, wait for slot, go to main gate show paper work, they tell you where to go, get it loaded, go back out gate, done

and there is nothing like some good ole LC brass.......

on a side note... you will be bidding with the big boys on the larger weight lots, figure out what the weight is and what
    the current "scrap" price is, the lot contents and "if" there is any "Mutilated" brass ie: crushed etc.

-Rock

plinkerton

Ultimate Member
    Dec 30, 2012
    Abingdon
    Pretty much wait, but....
    Register on the site, fill the form out, or request it, best yet contact them, it may have changed, they will get back to you, great people to work with. It's been a while since I have purchased brass, I'd even have to check and see as a previous buyer what I would have to do, wish I could give you better details. It's not that hard really once you get the EUC out of the way. Bid win, send form, wait for pick up time (slot),go get it, done. Ammo cans are a lot easier, bid, win,bill of sale is sent to you, wait for slot, go to main gate show paper work, they tell you where to go, get it loaded, go back out gate, done

and there is nothing like some good ole LC brass.......

on a side note... you will be bidding with the big boys on the larger weight lots, figure out what the weight is and what
    the current "scrap" price is, the lot contents and "if" there is any "Mutilated" brass ie: crushed etc.

-Rock

Thank you for the info. I'll call Monday and see what they say.
    I wasn't looking at the 4900 pound lots, and I'm hoping the big boys didn't want to bother with the 120 pound lots

Rockzilla

Ultimate Member
    Feb 6, 2010
    55.751244 / 37.618423
    Thank you for the info. I'll call Monday and see what they say.
    I wasn't looking at the 4900 pound lots, and I'm hoping the big boys didn't want to bother with the 120 pound lots

No proiblem..your welcome..
    you will be good, as resellers don't normally bid on small lots, not enough profit for them.... good luck..you may get lucky, watch the lot and get a "feel" for what it might go for, but as I said earlier, bidding doesn't really start heavy till the last few hours... mainly put it on a "bid watch" so you can keep track of your lots.
    then the bug will hit you..

-Rock

craftsman_69

MDS Supporter
    Jul 26, 2015
    AA
    Fort Meade is simple enough to get to the site but as stated before the APG site requires you to go through a second gate. In the descriptions of the item it explains in detail what is needed not only to buy but to pick up. It is a good deal if you can be patient and forward plan the hurdles to reach the finish line. I always hand walk my paperwork to DRMO/DLA to get my approval stamp then roll out same day when required.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    alfontso

Latest threads

Top Bottom