• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chris12138

Kitchen Table Machinist
    Jul 12, 2011
    St Marys
    Hey guys, got a new Saiga in 5.45, figurin on trying its luck with a few Bulgarian surplus AK74 mags. I've been looking around and can't find any good deals on them in the $9-$15 range. Any leads for me? I would just go for the Tapcos or Promags but from what i've gathered the Bulgarians function the best without a bullet guide. Thanks!!:party29: Wish the Chantilly show was comin up...

Edit: jeeze the supply has dried up....The only economical option may be to just install the bullet guide lol.

Sev89

Dreams about cheese
    Nov 4, 2010
    Anatomy Park
    jeeze the supply has dried up....The only economical option may be to just install the bullet guide lol.

Seems to be the way with everything these days. Hell, I'm still amazed the steel '47 mags still go for $10 online. And it's only going to get worse :sad20:

rob-cubed

In need of moderation
    Sep 24, 2009
    Holding the line in Baltimore
    You won't find them that cheap right now unless you are lucky. Rguns has unissued ones for $25, the various online forums have them pop up daily in the classifieds but they are gone immediately if they are under $25.

You should put a guide in regardless, but the Bulgarians are the gold standard for poly mags and they are worth paying a bit more for one vs a US made all-plastic copy.

Last edited:

DarthZed

Ultimate Member
    Sep 25, 2010
    Howard County
    Whatacountry has plum Izhmash AK74 mags for $18.
    http://whatacountry.com/ak-74-Russian-Izhmash-30-round-magazine-plum.aspx

But everyone is right, all my usual sources are dry. RobertRTG, Apex, Centerfire, CDNN; everyone is showing out of stock. I'm glad I bought all those surplus mags last year when I got the Tantal. If you decide to buy the cheaper American mags, I'd get the Tapcos. I have 10 Tapcos and 2 Promags (that I bought a long time ago), and the Tapcos are generally superior quality. The red ones actually resemble bakelite in coloring.

Edit: Gaaaa. Ignore the above link. Just noticed that there was a drop-down menu to select grade. That changes the price to $30 if you select very good. The $18 was for rough. F### that.

04RWon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    Seriously, id have to get in touch with him. 99% sure hes still there and i can reach him on fb.

He said theres an ak factory not too far from his home town, id like to know what he can ship to me....

chris12138

Kitchen Table Machinist
    Jul 12, 2011
    St Marys
    Seriously, id have to get in touch with him. 99% sure hes still there and i can reach him on fb.

He said theres an ak factory not too far from his home town, id like to know what he can ship to me....

I'm intrigued....waiting patiently :tap:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom