Building A "Cheap" Multi-Function Home Arsenal...

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tungsten

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2012
    Elkridge, Leftistan
    M44 is great for home defense. First of all, the include flamethrower should provide great area denial defensive use. Then the sonic boom should incapacitate and permanently deafen any intruder. When all else fails, the commie mk 1 stock can be used as a blunt force object to finish off anything still alive.

john_bud

Ultimate Member
    Sep 23, 2009
    Again, going for =/>$500. That pretty much eliminates the M1s....Didn;t even think of the K31, though! That's the stuff...

FYI ">" means greater than.

Yeah, I'm a nerd :sad20:

There are break over double and single barrel shotguns that would make decent home defense weapons. Even Crazy Uncle Joe in the white house agrees that shooting one of them out the door will make every home invader run away and hide.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Interesting subject.
    Sounds like the idea is to debate. Which is part of the fun.
    No one will be right cause there may be no right answer in everyone's eyes.

For a hunting rifle, A K31 + Swiss Products mount and even an inexpensive Scope will be less than $500
    I know cause I did it. Accuracy was excellent. But I"m not a hunter so I don't know what all is needed in a hunting rifle.

You may need to consider ammo availability here cause Toks and Steyrs it seemed to be hard to find during the peak of the ammo scare.

I think in several cases one firearm covers multiple categories.

possumman

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2011
    Pikesville Md
    Just keep buying stuff with your C&R, eventually you will have a home arsenal, a cache of thousands of rounds of ammo and soon you will be living in a "compound", at least thats my plan.

Scott7891

Love those Combloc guns
    Sep 4, 2007
    Back in MD sadly
    M44 is great for home defense. First of all, the include flamethrower should provide great area denial defensive use. Then the sonic boom should incapacitate and permanently deafen any intruder. When all else fails, the commie mk 1 stock can be used as a blunt force object to finish off anything still alive.

You forgot the bayonet how can you forget the bayonet?? :lol2:

tinydata

Jul 29, 2011
    Potomac
    The M1 Carbine, while more expensive than $500 in most cases, can fulfill the needs of home defense/short range.

Its dependable (unless you're in Korea-like winters), fires a decently powerful short-range cartridge, and is light and handy. Up to around 200 yards, it is plenty lethal.

In a home defense scenario, there is no question about it. I will not even go after the Beretta 92- the Carbine is much easier to shoot when stressed, but is still rather compact.

And the Type 3 barrel bands accept a bayonet :D

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Bob A started to pickup the big picture in talking about * all firearms mfg before July 1963 * . Everyone else is discussing " milsurp firearms that are presently being imported/ distribued in large numbers ".

johnnyb2

Ultimate Member
    Apr 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    For a home defense pistol, I would take 1.) a FEG or Argentinian High Power, or 2.) CZ52 in 7.62 x 25 or a nice older FN HP but that me take a little searching for under $500 but van be done....one of the best, old, new C7R or what ever...the Browning High Power....!!

Obviously, I am a little biased here!! hahahahaha
    Also Argentinian .45 clone-1911 for larger caliber...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ObsidianCC

Latest threads

Top Bottom