• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jed195

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2011
    MD.
    I attended a school there before heading overseas in 1992. We focused on driving in convoys and ramming cars, j turns, reverse 180s and other stuff that is really fun in cars. The worst part was having to sit in the back seat of a car while one of your fellow Marines drives a Caprice Classic at 110 mph 3 feet off of the bumper of the Caprice in front and in back of you! Hummers and up armored Chevy Suburbans don't handle the same way as the cars we trained in but the collateral damage was less of a concern in Mogadishu:lol2:

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Enjoy them now because the State Dept is moving to Fort Pickett in like 2 years I think. They have outgrown the place.

5cary

On the spreading edge of the butter knife.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2007
    Sykesville, MD
    I attended a school there before heading overseas in 1992. We focused on driving in convoys and ramming cars, j turns, reverse 180s and other stuff that is really fun in cars. The worst part was having to sit in the back seat of a car while one of your fellow Marines drives a Caprice Classic at 110 mph 3 feet off of the bumper of the Caprice in front and in back of you! Hummers and up armored Chevy Suburbans don't handle the same way as the cars we trained in but the collateral damage was less of a concern in Mogadishu:lol2:

I attended BSR in 1988 with the Marines. Only it was Ford Fairmonts back then. Rubber hose sections under the brake release, and learning to hot-wire. High speed convoy driving with NVG's, and a fantastic shoot house.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Noha

Latest threads

Top Bottom