• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kelson1066

Ultimate Member
    Jul 31, 2012
    Frederick County
    I actually read the article and I find it funny how they argue that an FBI check isn't good enough even though in most of the country it's more than sufficient to purchase those "evil guns."

Feb 28, 2013
    I actually read the article and I find it funny how they argue that an FBI check isn't good enough even though in most of the country it's more than sufficient to purchase those "evil guns."

This is Maryland. We're more "enlightened" and "sophistamacated" than the rest of the country where hicks, hayseeds, and rubes live. Enough so to have "more stringent" background checks. :rolleyes:

Kelson1066

Ultimate Member
    Jul 31, 2012
    Frederick County
    This is Maryland. We're more "enlightened" and "sophistamacated" than the rest of the country where hicks, hayseeds, and rubes live. Enough so to have "more stringent" background checks. :rolleyes:

You mean we have a higher criminal element than the "hick towns" so our legislature squeezes us to death to pass bills that have absolutely no effect on the very people they are trying to prevent from possessing these weapons.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll

It's not good enough because MD refuses to submit critical data to NICS. In effect, MD participates in otherwise-disapproved gun sales throughout the rest of the country.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010

You mean like Virginia ... Well, that's the Wild West ...

Safer and saner ? ... And Frosh wants to be AG ? :kicknuts:

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    Kind of funny that there is no journalist or author for this article. I swear I am getting closer and closer to just exploding. I cannot stand this liberal state and the mindset of all of the morons in it.

Gbh

Ultimate Member
    Nov 25, 2012
    In the meantime, whatever their legal rights are, gun dealers have a moral responsibility to wait for background checks before releasing firearms to buyers.

Really?

Maryland lawmakers should feel a moral responsibility to not take away our constitutional rights, but it doesn't seem to bother them.

obnoxious2

Jan 18, 2013
    district 21 - hunger games
    The editor of that article is even too ***** to write his/her name.

"irrational fervor to buy guns before Maryland's new gun control laws take effect on Oct. 1 — laws that, incidentally, do not stop law-abiding adults from getting weapons for self defense, hunting and sport shooting"

What a load of crockshit.

Publius

Mar 18, 2013
    Ellicott City
    The editor of that article is even too ***** to write his/her name.

"irrational fervor to buy guns before Maryland's new gun control laws take effect on Oct. 1 — laws that, incidentally, do not stop law-abiding adults from getting weapons for self defense, hunting and sport shooting"

What a load of crockshit.

I agree the entire piece it's a load of crockshit, but to be clear, main editorial opinion pieces like this one, which represent the paper's position, are rarely (if ever) signed by a single individual.

That opinion piece comes on the trail of the news article that came out this week on the insane delays, timely releases and the fact that some 30 guns have been recalled. That article said that the 30 recalled guns were not released to murderers and that nobody has been arrested on those recalls.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    Kind of funny that there is no journalist or author for this article. I swear I am getting closer and closer to just exploding. I cannot stand this liberal state and the mindset of all of the morons in it.

Its a death rattle... we are wining THE BS will be gone in just a few short years... stay calm and stay in the fight.

ELEMENT94

Wild eyed pistol waver.
    Sep 23, 2007
    I remember when the Baltimore Sun was preferred by conservatives over the Washington Post.

Big Dog

Dec 16, 2012
    North East
    I wonder if they would consider it reasonable if people who got tickets that were to be paid within 30 days decided to wait 90 or 100 before paying them. Yeah, I know the law says you have to pay the ticket but the MSP has shown that a statutory requirement can be ignored...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Pureblood

Latest threads

Top Bottom