• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Coehorn

MDS Supporter
    Feb 26, 2024
    Baltimore County
    Is the small square tab on the shaft a retainer that fits into a slot on the frame?

If so, check the area/small gap between the tab and the circular boss on the safety.

If she's rubbing, she'll leave marks. Break out a magnifying glass and look closely.

Good luck with her.

Browning Fan

Feb 21, 2024
    Baltimore
    I’m a diesel, hydraulic and heavy duty auto trans tech of 38 years so I’m good with working with tight tolerance, just seems odd to me. They were nit building ultra finely fitted parts and on that line.
    I have crocus cloth strips, bazillion Dremel bits and rouge polishing crème.

Browning Fan

Feb 21, 2024
    Baltimore
    Is the small square tab on the shaft a retainer that fits into a slot on the frame?

If so, check the area/small gap between the tab and the circular boss on the safety.

If she's rubbing, she'll leave marks. Break out a magnifying glass and look closely.

Good luck with her.
    Negitive,Square key on shaft pictured here, goes through keyway in extractor plate. Plate must be pointing down when inserting. Once seated, it rotates up.
    If I try to fit even without plate, she tightens up.
    8B7FB9DD-9437-43D2-AA9B-542343F8BD81.jpeg

wabbit

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2010
    Top right is original with broken off slide lock.
    Top left is the Canadian.
    Bottom is the one from SARCO. View attachment 464250
    I have a FM Hi-Power that was made under license in Argentina. The part on mine looks like the one on the upper left, but with a smaller serrated section. It's not as small as on the part on the upper right, but seems to be half way between the two. It might be possible to fit a FM Hi-Power slide release on your P-35, if you come across a FM Hi-Power.
    Other than that, I don't know where you could find a replacement part that is an exact fit. I think that old guns like your P-35 would need to have parts made or modified to work.

Browning Fan

Feb 21, 2024
    Baltimore
    I have a FM Hi-Power that was made under license in Argentina. The part on mine looks like the one on the upper left, but with a smaller serrated section. It's not as small as on the part on the upper right, but seems to be half way between the two. It might be possible to fit a FM Hi-Power slide release on your P-35, if you come across a FM Hi-Power.
    Other than that, I don't know where you could find a replacement part that is an exact fit. I think that old guns like your P-35 would need to have parts made or modified to work.
    In hindsite, I THINK, another diffence in them with the barrel that blocks the sear, that little half moon cut out of the barrel’s profile allows the safety to be engaged when not cocked? Some do not have that. I don’t know, it’s together and put away. There are differences in age ( mine ‘42 if memory serves correctly), even in early P35s plus maybe company and country.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom